How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Drive [With Screenshots]
Google Drive is a cloud-based storage service which lets the people access and save files online. It syncs and stores documents, images and much more files across different devices including smartphones, tablets and computers. You can access this service by using either the web version or standalone apps. Like other services/apps, you can enable the dark mode to reduce eye strains while using Google Drive on low light conditions. Well, how to enable this feature? Here is the guide to show you the step-by-step procedure along with screenshots.
Related: How to Enable Dark Mode on Pinterest?
How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Drive [Mobile Versions]
The following steps are only applicable to Android devices. The dark theme for Google Drive is still not arrived for iOS devices (iPhone/iPad).
Step 1: Open Google Drive and ensure that you’re logged into your account. If you haven’t downloaded the app, download it from the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Click the hamburger icon on the top left corner.
Step 3: Under the Theme section, select Choose theme menu.
Step 4: Select Dark to enable the night theme on Google Drive.
This method works only on devices running on Android 10 and later.
- Enable dark mode on Android device (Settings -> Display -> Theme -> Dark Theme)
- Open the Google Drive app and click the hamburger icon.
- Click Choose theme and select System default.
- The dark mode will be enabled on Google Drive.
While following this method, the dark theme on Google Drive will be disabled automatically once you changed the theme of your Android device.
How to Turn on Google Drive Dark Mode [Web Version]
Unlike the mobile version, there is no direct option to enable dark mode on web versions. Hence, you need to rely on the help of extensions. There are various dark mode extensions available on the internet. We recommend you to use Night Eye extension.
Step 1: Open either Google Chrome or Firefox browser on your PC or laptop.
Step 2: Add Night Eye extension to your browser.
Step 3: After adding the extension, open Google Drive on a new tab and sign in to your account.
Step 4: Click the extension that you downloaded.
Step 5: Select Turn on to enable the dark theme.
Thank you for visiting techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback related to this guide, make use of the comments section provided below. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more useful guides and the latest tech news.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Download Popcorn Time on iPhone / iPad
- How to Install and Watch ESPN on Firestick
- Typhoon Labs IPTV: Get 1200+TV Channels and 1000+ VODs at $15/month
- How to Get BritBox Free Trial: Stream Free for 7-Days
- How to Install and Watch Netflix on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch MoviesJoy on Roku [Simple Guide]
- How to Download IPTV Stalker Addon on Kodi
- Balancing Entertainment and Security: Insights into the Latest Tech Innovations
- How to Watch ABC on Chromecast-connected TV
- Shipt Free Trial: Free Delivery Membership for Up to 3 Years