- To Install Max on PS5: On your PS5, go to Media → select All Apps → search Max → select Max → click Download to install the app on your PS5.
- To Use Max on PS5: Go to Media section → open Max → click MANAGE PREFERENCES and REJECT ALL in the prompts → click the profile icon → sign in to your Max account or TV provider account and start streaming content.
Max (formerly known as HBO Max) needs no introduction to film buffs. It is one of the best streaming services with the finest content library. You can watch the content of Max on your PS5 by installing the app on your console from the PlayStation store.
HBO Max content library has some of the finest blockbuster movies and TV shows you can find anywhere else. Moreover, Max will now let you watch fascinating documentaries from the Discovery Plus streaming service on the same app.
In this guide, we have covered everything you need to know about HBO Max on PS5, from installing the app to starting streaming content. We have also included some of the common issues faced by other PS5 users on the app and their fixes
You can skip the installation part if you have already subscribed to the service already. However, if you’re a new user, Max offers 3 different subscription plans, unlike HBO Max.
- Max Ad lite – $9.99/month or $99.99/year (1080p HD with ads)
- Max Ad free – $15.99/month or $149.99/year (1080p HD without ads)
- Max Ultimate Ad Free – $19.99/month or $199.99/year. (4K UHD Dolby Atmos
Unfortunately, Max does not offer a free trial like other streaming services. However, if you have an active TV provider account, you can use it to watch the content for free on Max.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Here are some popular services that let you watch Max for free.
How to Sign Up for Max Subscription
If you don’t have a Max account, you can create a new one by following these steps.
1. Go to the official website of Max on your PC.
2. Choose your preferred Max subscription plans and click Continue.
3. Enter your credentials and click Create Account to proceed to the payment page.
4. After completing the payment process, you can watch your favorite Movies and TV shows on Max.
How to Install Max on PS5
1. From your PS5 home screen, switch to the Media tab and open Search.
2. Type Max in the search bar and go to the Max app page from the results.
3. From the app page, click Download to begin the installation of Max onto your PlayStation 5.
4. After the installation, either press Start from the app page to launch the app or access it from the Media section on your PS5 home screen.
How to Use Max on Your PS5
1. Launch the Max app on your PlayStation 5.
Note: If the app prompts you to activate your PS5, head to the activation site and enter the display code to activate your PS5.
2. Click MANAGE PREFERENCES and select REJECT ALL.
3. Now, navigate to the profile icon on the menu on the left-hand side.
4. Sign in to your Max account or your TV provider account.
Once signed in, you can watch any content available on the HBO Max streaming service.
How to Screen Mirror Max on PS5
You can also screen mirror Max to PlayStation 5 from your smartphone. However, since there is no official support for screen mirroring on PS5, you would have to use a third-party website to achieve it.
To do that, you must send the tvee.app website URL to your friend from the PS5 and open the website. Scan the QR code displayed on your PS5 with the Screen Mirroring Pro app from the Play Store or the App Store to start the screen mirroring process.
Common Issues and Possible Solutions for Max on PS5
If HBO Max is not working on PS5, you can find solutions for some of the app’s most common issues in the table below.
|Bad internet connection
|Check your network connection and restart your router or connect to a faster and more stable network.
|Max server outages
|Check the status of Max servers from websites like Downdetector.
|Outdated system software and app
|Check and update your PlayStation 5 and Max app to the latest version.
|Black screen and crashes
|Restart your PlayStation 5 and Max app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Max is available to download on PS5 from the official PlayStation store. However, certain regions do not have access to the app on the PlayStation store due to geo-restrictions.
Yes. You can stream Max movies and TV shows with resolutions up to 4K HDR on your PS5 if you have a Max Ultimate Ad Free subscription plan, a 4K display, and a network connection with a minimum speed of 20mbps.
No. Max does not support 5.1 surround sound on PS5.
If the selected content is not playing on the HBO Max app on PlayStation 5, check the internet connection, close and restart the app and try again.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.