The PlayStation 3 controller comes with a built-in lithium-ion battery, and it offers 20 hours of gameplay when it is charged fully. To increase the hours of gameplay, you need to charge the PlayStation 3 controller when not in use. You can easily charge the PS3 Controller using the charger that comes while purchasing the console. If you have lost the PS3 charger, you can use the normal USB cable to charge your PS3 controller. It is recommended to use only the original Sony charger because the third-party cables are inconsistent.
How to Charge Your PS3 Controller
1. Turn ON your PS3 by pressing the Power button on the PS3 Controller. The Power button is placed in the center of the controller, and it has a Playstation logo on it.
Note: In older models, you will find the Power button on the backside of the PS3 controller.
2. Take the USB cable that came with the PS3 controller.
3. Connect the USB cable to the port on your PlayStation 3 console.
4. Plug in the other end of the USB cable (micro-USB) to your PS3 controller.
5. Once you connect the controller, press the Power button on your PS3 controller.
6. Now, you can see the red light flashing on the front of your PlayStation 3 controller.
7. This indicates that the PS3 Controller is charging. You can also see the Charging icon on the TV screen. Leave the PS3 Controller idle for at least 1 hour to charge fully.
If the PS3 controller doesn’t connect or turn On, this indicates that the controller is at low power. You can fix this problem by charging the PlayStation 3 Controller using the steps above.
How to Charge PS3 Controller using PC
Before moving into the steps, make sure to have a USB cable to connect the PS3 Controller and PC.
1. Power On your Windows or Mac PC.
2. To connect PS3 Controller to your PC, plug one end of the USB cable into your Computer and the other end into your PS3 Controller.
3. That’s it. Your PS3 Controller will start charging.
Similarly, you can charge the PS3 Controller using the phone charger and other electronic gadgets chargers equipped with a micro USB to USB cable. To extend the battery life, turn off the PS3 motion controller when not in use.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your PlayStation 3 controller is not charging, make sure you use the original Sony charger and try connecting the USB cable to another USB port on your PS3 console.
The PlayStation 3 controllers take around 1 hour to charge fully.
Long press the power button on your PS3 controller for a few seconds. Select Turn Off Controller from the pop-up menu that appears on the screen to turn off your PS3 controller.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Connect Computer to Samsung Smart TV
- How to Block YouTube on Amazon Fire Tablet
- 11 Best Ways to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Sideload Mozilla Firefox on Google TV
- How to Connect Wii to Samsung Smart TV [5 Different Ways]
- How to Install SHOWTIME App on Samsung Smart TV
- Can I Get a Free Trial on Peacock TV?
- How to Clear Cache on Android Phone / Tablet [Possible Ways]
- How to Access Microsoft Teams on Apple TV
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Amazon Fire Tablet