- The Crunchyroll Plugin is available only for the PC version of the Plex Media Server app.
- Go to the Plex Plugin Repository on GitHub and install the Crunchyroll Plugin. Add the plugin to the Plex Plugins folder and watch the anime content.
In the Plex Media Server app, you can add the Crunchyroll Plugin from the GitHub repository. With the Crunchyroll plugin, you can watch all the anime content on your device without installing the Crunchyroll app.
Crunchyroll is the home for all anime fans. It has the most number of anime collections in the world. As the platform is available for free, you don’t need any premium subscription to get the plugin. As of now, the Crunchyroll plugin will work only on the Plex Media Server app for PCs. For other devices, you can’t install the Crunchyroll plugin.
In this guide, you will learn how to watch anime content using the Crunchyroll plugin on Plex. If you can’t get the plugin, we have listed some alternate ways to get the anime content.
How to Install Crunchyroll Plugin on Plex
Before getting into the steps, make sure that you have the latest version of the Plex Media Server app installed on your device. If you don’t have the app, install the Plex app from the Microsoft Store. In addition to that, you can’t install plugins on the Plex Media Player app.
1. Open a web browser on your PC and go to Plex’s Plugin page on GitHub.
2. Navigate to the Repositories Search bar and search for the Crunchyroll plugin.
3. Select the Crunchyroll plugin from the results.
4. On the next screen, click the Code drop-down button and choose the Download ZIP file.
5. After the download, extract the zip file and store it in a separate folder.
6. Now, open the Plex app on your PC and go to Open Plugins Folder. You can also right-click on the Plex icon and choose the Open Plugins Folder.
7. Copy-paste the Crunchyroll plugin folder in the Open Plug-ins Folder.
8. Rename the folder to Crunchyroll.bundle and save the changes.
9. Then, restart the Plex app and go to the Channels menu. You will see the Crunchyroll plugin.
10. Open the Plugin and log in with your Crunchyroll content to stream the anime content.
Crunchyroll Plugin Not Available
If the Crunchyroll plugin is not available on the GitHub repository, you need to install and activate the Crunchyroll app to access its content.
For streaming devices like Firestick and Roku, you can install the Crunchyroll app directly from the Amazon App Store or Roku Channel Store. Check our guide on how to install the Crunchyroll app on Roku.
For smartphones, you can install the app from the Play Store and App Store. For PCs, you can visit the Crunchyroll website to stream anime content.
If the plugin is not working on your PC, you can install the Crunchyroll app for Windows from the Microsoft Store.
Yes, you can still install plugins on Plex using GitHub. However, Plex is not providing any official plugins.
In GitHub, there are 39 plugins, like PBS, The CW, and Paramount Plus, available for Plex.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Bet365 Sports Betting App & Live Games
- How to Stream NFL 2023 on Firestick
- How to Watch NFL on TCL Smart TV [Week 14]
- How to Live Stream NFL Games on Vizio Smart TV
- How to Stream NFL 2023 on Roku
- How to Install and Watch NFL on PS5
- How to Add and Watch NFL on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Stream NFL on Chromecast
- How to Watch UFC Fight Night on PS5 [Song vs Gutierrez]
- How to Watch UFC Fight Night on TCL Smart TV [Song vs Gutierrez]