Popcorn Time is an open-source streaming service that lets you watch movies (including pirated films) and TV shows for free. It uses the BitTorrent protocol to let the users stream their media over the internet. Unlike torrent clients, you don’t have to wait for the file to download. Instead, it lets the users stream the media immediately. Popcorn Time is accessible on popular platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, and Linux. The added advantage of Popcorn Time is that it is also accessible on streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick and Roku. In this article, we will show you how to download and install Popcorn Time on Roku devices.
Is Popcorn Time available for Roku Devices?
Even though Popcorn Time is available for numerous platforms, there is no dedicated app for Roku streaming devices. However, there are many ways you can use to stream Popcorn Time on Roku. And you can follow the guide below the learn how to do the same.
Download Plex and Stream Popcorn Time on Roku
1. Download Plex Media Server on your Windows or Mac PC.
2. After installing the Plex Media Server, launch the application and enter the Plex account credentials.
3. Navigate to the channels menu and install the Popcorn Time channel.
4. Now, connect your Roku device to the TV and navigate to the Roku Store.
5. Search and download the Plex Application on Roku.
Related: How to Popcorn Time on Android Devices?
6. Once the installation is finished, launch the Plex application on Roku and enter the same login credentials you used on Plex Media Server.
7. Now, access Popcorn Time from the Channels menu and stream your favorite movie or TV show.
How to Stream Popcorn Time on Roku using Android Smartphone?
1. Connect your Android device and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Enable Screen Mirroring on your Roku. [Home -> Settings -> System -> Screen Mirroring Mode -> Always Allow].
3. Go to a browser on your Android Smartphone and search for Popcorn Time APK.
4. Next, go to the Settings and turn on the Unknown Sources.
5. Now, you can go to the download location of the Popcorn Time app.
6. Tap on the Popcorn Time APK File and select the Install button.
7. Finally, the Popcorn Time app will be installed on your Android Smartphone.
8. On your Android device, go to the Notification Panel and select Cast.
9. Select your Roku device to mirror your Android screen.
10. Launch the Popcorn Time app on your Android and stream its contents. The media will appear on the Roku-connected TV.
How to Stream Popcorn Time on Roku using Windows?
You can also access Popcorn Time on Roku by mirroring the Windows screen. Before using this method, make sure that the Roku device and PC/laptop are connected to the same network.
1. Connect your Roku device and Roku TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Download and install Popcorn Time on your Windows.
NOTE: Follow our guide to learn how to install Popcorn Time on Windows.
3. Open “Easy Display Switcher” by pressing “Windows Key + P.”
4. Select Extend and click on Connect to a Wireless Display.
4. Next, select the Roku device where you need to stream your media.
5. Then, launch the Popcorn Time app and choose a movie or TV show you want to watch. Next, ply the movie or TV show.
Finally, you can watch Popcorn Time on your Roku TV.
How to Mirror Popcorn Time on Roku from iPhone or iPad
Update your iPhone or iPad and Roku TV to the latest version and follow the steps below.
NOTE: Before mirroring Apple devices, go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and Homekit. Ensure that the AirPlay is turned on your Roku TV.
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad and Roku TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Next, install the Popcorn Time on your iPad or iPhone.
If you want to know the guide to install Popcorn Time on your iPad or iPhone, read How to Download and Install Popcorn Time for iPhone/iPad
3. Next, go to the Control Centre, select Screen Mirroring, and choose your Roku TV.
NOTE: If required, Enter the AirPlay Code displayed on your TV on your iPhone or iPad.
4. Then, launch Popcorn Time on your iPhone and iPad.
5. Now, you can select any show to watch Popcorn Time on your Roku TV.
How to Watch Popcorn Time on Roku from Mac
Follow the article How to Download and Install Popcorn Time on Mac and follow the steps below.
1. Ensure that you have connected your Roku and Mac to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, click on the AirPlay icon from the upper right corner of your Mac’s interface. Next, select your Roku TV from the AirPlay To section.
3. Now, you can launch Popcorn Time on your Mac.
4. The only thing you have to do now is play any of your favorite shows.
5. Finally, you can watch your favorite shows from Popcorn Time on your Roku TV.
Install Popcorn Time on other Platforms
Users can install Popcorn Time on other Platforms like FireStick, Chromecast, gaming consoles, and more. Here are the installing guides for
Why Need a VPN to streaming on Popcorn Time?
Since Popcorn Time is an open-source application, it streams copyrighted and geo-restricted media content for free. While streaming those contents, you must protect your identity and online activities by using ExpressVPN.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no way to install the Popcorn Time on Roku. However, you can cast Popcorn Time from supported devices to your Roku TV.
Popcorn Time app is nothing but a media platform that you can install on your supported device to watch your favorite movies and TV shows for free.
Popcorn Time is an illegal application. That’s why your need to connect to a VPN. However, this platform is good for streaming.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install NBC Sports Live Kodi Addon
- How to Stream PPV on Firestick/Fire TV
- How Download and Install Night Terrors Kodi Addon
- How to Install SoundCloud Kodi Addon
- How to Know if Someone Blocked You on Facebook
- 4 Casino Games That Are Ideal For Mobile
- What to Look for When Buying a TV for Gaming
- How can Bitcoin Affect the Textile Sector of Monaco?
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Pinterest
- How to Chromecast Deezer to TV