Explore a large library with tons of interesting short videos through Dailymotion. It allows you to be updated with the latest news, sports, and more. Like YouTube, you can enjoy high-quality videos on this app. You can even upload your own videos and follow your favorite content creators. Though the Dailymotion app is unavailable on Roku, you can use other workarounds to get Dailymotion on your TV.
Features of Dailymotion
- Dailymotion lets you stream a wide variety of content in different genres like Sports, entertainment, Music, News, etc.
- It enables you to download multiple videos to enjoy them in your leisure time without an internet connection.
- It allows you to share any video title with your family & friends.
- With a free Dailymotion account, you can customize your library & playlists to get a better streaming experience.
- It comes with inbuilt Chromecast support that lets your stream Dailymotion on a big screen from your smartphone or PC.
How to Sign Up for a Dailymotion Account
#1. Go to the Dailymotion official page https://www.dailymotion.com/us using any web browser on your device.
#2. Tap the Sign-Up option at the top of the screen.
#3. Provide your Email Id, Password, Date of birth, and Gender.
#4. Tick mark the box to accept the Dailymotion terms and conditions.
#5. Select the Sign-Up button.
#6. You can also create a Dailymotion account using Facebook or Google account.
How to Watch Dailymotion on Roku
The Roku Channel Store does not offer the Dailymotion app. Hence, you need to enable the screen mirroring on Roku to cast Dailymotion on TV.
Earlier, Roku users added Dailymotion as a private channel by using a specific code. But Roku has removed that, too, due to security reasons.
- Start the Home screen of your Roku device.
- Go to Settings and select the System option.
- Click on Screen mirroring mode and pick the Prompt option.
How to Stream Dailymotion on Roku using Android
You can use your Android mobile/tablet as a remote to cast Dailymotion on Roku.
#1. Connect your Android and Roku devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
#2. Open Settings on your Android device.
#3. Find and locate the Cast option and turn it on.
#4. Choose your Roku TV device from the list of available devices.
#5. Now, grant permission on Roku to cast your Android screen.
#6. Download and install the Dailymotion app on Android from Google Play Store.
#7. Launch the installed Dailymotion app.
#8. Configure with your login credentials and get the homepage.
#9. Play a video and enjoy streaming it on the mirrored Roku TV.
How to Cast Dailymotion on Roku using Windows
You can also mirror Dailymotion on Roku using your Windows 10 laptop or PC.
#1. Ensure both Roku and Windows are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
#2. Hit the Windows + P buttons on your keyboard at once, and a side menu will open.
#3. Tap the Connect to a wireless display option.
#4. Your Windows will search for nearby devices in which you need to select your Roku device.
#5. Allow permission on your Roku device to mirror your Windows screen.
#6. Now, go ahead to the Dailymotion official site and play any video.
#7. Enjoy streaming the Dailymotion videos on the Roku-connected TV.
How to AirPlay Dailymotion on Roku using iPhone
1. Connect your Roku device and iPhone with the same internet connection.
2. Ensure to enable the AirPlay option on your Roku.
3. Install Dailymotion on your iOS device.
4. Select the Screen Mirroring option from the Control Center.
5. Pick your Roku device from the list to connect.
6. Once mirrored, start streaming Dailymotion content on your Roku-connected TV.
On Dailymotion, you can stream content under different categories like ‘
- Popular Today
- Comedy and Entertainment
- Lifestyle & How to
Dailymotion is also a place for your kids to enjoy their favorite cartoon movies. Hence, it has something for everyone to watch. You can follow your favorite people and channels on this app to get their latest videos.
Yes, Dailymotion is completely free and legal to use.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Change Download Location in Google Chrome
- How to Install Brave on Linux [All Distros]
- How to Remove Yahoo Search from Safari [Mac]
- How to Translate WebPages in Safari Browser
- How to Change Homepage in Safari Browser
- How to Set Brave as Default Browser [PC & Smartphone]
- How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari Browser
- How to Recover Deleted History on Chrome
- How to Find Saved Passwords on Google Chrome
- Why Are My PDFs Opening in Chrome