- Astro Go is available for Android TVs. You can install the app from the Play Store.
- Install the Astro Go app: Open Google Play Store → Click the Search icon → Search for Astro Go → Select the app → Click the Install button.
You can directly install the Astro Go app from your Android TV’s integrated Play Store and stream its content. Astro Go is compatible with Android TV brands like Sony and Sharp with TV OS version 8.0 and above.
The Astro Go app is free to use and is available only in Malaysia. If you are an Astro customer, you can access the Astro Go app for free. If you are a pay TV user, you can use your TV provider credentials to stream the content.
In this guide, you will learn about how to install the Astro Go app on your Android TV. Besides that, we have also included how to sideload and cast the Astro Go app on your TV.
- This app is free to install on all your devices.
- It supports concurrent streaming for up to 2 devices.
- This service offers you 200 hours of cloud recording.
- It automatically adjusts the streaming quality based on your Internet speed.
- It has more series, movies, sports, on-demand library, etc.
- Along with your subscription packages, you can purchase PPV and exclusive content.
How to Install Astro Go on Android TV
1. Connect your Android TV to WiFi and make sure the network is stable.
2. Go to the Apps section and open Google Play Store.
3. Tap the Search icon and enter Astro Go using a virtual keyboard.
4. Pick the app from the suggested list and hit Install.
5. Open the app and log in with your Astro account details.
6. That’s it. Play your desired content to watch on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Astro Go on Android TV
To sideload apps, you need to install the Downloader app on your Android TV.
1. Open Settings on Android TV and select Device Preferences.
2. In the opening screen, click Security & Restrictions.
3. Tap Unknown Sources and pick Install Unknown Apps.
4. Select the Downloader app and turn ON the Install Unknown Apps option.
5. Now, launch the Downloader app and give access to the permissions.
6. Type the Astro Go Android TV APK link (https://bit.ly/47SnCh0) in the URL field and hit Go to install the APK.
7. Tap Install once the APK is downloaded.
8. Open the app and log in with your account details to stream it on Android TV.
How to Watch Astro Go on Android TV Browser
1. Open a browser on your Android TV. If you don’t have a browser, check our guide to get the best browser for Android TV.
2. Visit Astro Go’s official website (astrogo.astro.com.my).
3. Login using your Astro ID and Password.
4. Start playing your favorite content to explore it on a big screen.
How to Cast Astro Go on Android TV
1. Connect your Android TV and Smartphone to the same WiFi.
2. Install the Astro Go app on your Android Phone from the Play Store.
3. Launch the app and complete the login process.
4. Play any content and tap the Cast Screen option from your Android Phone’s Notification Panel.
5. Pick your Android TV from the shown device list.
6. Once paired, the playing content will appear on your TV.
How to Fix Astro Go Not Working on Android TV
Use these troubleshooting methods to solve the Astro Go not working issues.
- Update Android TV and the app to its latest version.
- Connect the devices with a stable WiFi network.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app on your firmware.
- Clear cache on Android TV.
- Restart Android TV firmware.
You can watch Astro Go outside Malaysia by using a secure VPN like NordVPN on your TV.
Yes, Astro Go’s Entertainment Plus, Movies Plus, and Sports Plus plan offers Netflix Standard subscription.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Tag Someone on Facebook [App & Website]
- How to Add and Watch Freeview on Apple TV
- How to Chromecast DAZN on TV
- Possible Ways to Get Tinder Gold For Free
- How to Hide Snapchat Score 
- 600+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URLs [Updated October 2023]
- How to Install and Watch IPTV on Hisense Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung Smart TV Remote Not Working Issues
- How to Cancel Anytime Fitness Membership
- How to Get Adobe Photoshop 7-Day Free Trial