- You can use the Bluetooth feature on the iPhone to pair the Xbox One controller.
- Turn On Bluetooth on the iPhone → Turn On Pairing Mode on the Xbox One Controller → Select the controller on the iPhone → Connect the controller.
You can connect the Xbox One Controller to your iPhone or iPad using the Bluetooth connectivity feature. For this, your iPhone or iPad should have iOS 13 (or iPadOS 13) and above. If you are using the older version, you need to update your Apple device.
By connecting Xbox controllers to your iPhone, you can play high-end games like Minecraft, GTA San Andreas, and Call of Duty with ease. As of now, you can hook up the Xbox One controller on your iPhone wirelessly. There is no possible way to connect the Xbox One controller to the iPhone using the wired method.
In this guide, you will learn how to connect and disconnect Xbox controllers to iPhones and iPads.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Supported Xbox Controllers
Not all the Xbox Controllers can be connected to iPhones. Only five models of controllers can be paired to iPhones. They are,
- Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
- Xbox Wireless Controller Series X
- Xbox Wireless Controller Series S
- Xbox Wireless Controller With Bluetooth (1708)
Make sure that you have any one of these controller at your disposal. If you have an old Xbox controller like Xbox 360, you can’t connect that to iPhone. You need to buy the latest one.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to iPhone
Before getting into the steps, make sure that the controller is charged more than 80% and update the Xbox One controller for a smooth pairing.
1. On your iPhone, open Settings and enable the Bluetooth option. If it is already on, ignore this step.
2. Now turn on your Xbox One controller by pressing the Xbox logo button in the middle of your controller.
3. After turning on the Xbox One controller, press and hold the Pair button on your Controller till the Xbox logo button flashes.
Note: If the controller is already paired with the console, turn off the controller and hold the Pair button.
4. It is time to check for the Xbox One controller on your iPhone. On the Bluetooth menu, you will be able to find your Xbox One Controller under the Other Devices section.
5. Click on the name of your Xbox One controller and click the Pair button. It will connect the controller to your iPhone.
6. As a result, the flashing Xbox logo button on your controller will stay lit.
7. Finally, open the video game on your iPhone and use the controller to play games.
Without a Bluetooth feature, you can’t connect the Xbox One controller to your iPhone or iPad.
How to Disconnect Xbox One Controllers from iPhone or iPad
When you are down with the iPhone games, you need to disconnect the controller. To do so,
1. Go to the Bluetooth menu on your iPhone from the Control Center or through the Settings menu.
2. Click the i icon next to the paired controller.
3. On the next screen, tap the Forget This Device button to unpair the controller.
Xbox Controller Not Connecting to iPhone
If you have any issues with the Bluetooth pairing, follow the below steps to fix it.
- Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is updated.
- Update your controller and try again. In the older version, the button mapping issue will occur.
- Restart the controller.
- Restart the iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
To turn off the controller, hold the Xbox button for more than 5-10 seconds. In some models, you need to hold the Xbox button until it turns off.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.