Updating the apps on Apple TV is necessary to get the latest features and to troubleshoot issues like buffering, lagging, etc. Like downloading apps on Apple TV, you can easily update the app by navigating to the app’s info page on the App Store. You can also automatically update all the apps on your Apple TV at once by enabling the option Automatically Update Apps in Settings. Other than updating apps, it is necessary to update the tvOS to the latest version to get security features.
How to Manually Update Apps on Apple TV
1. Turn ON and connect your Apple TV to stable WiFi.
2. Locate and launch the App Store on Apple TV.
3. Tap the Search icon on the App Store.
4. Type the name of the app in the search bar and select the app.
5. If the app has an update, you can see the Update button on the app description page.
6. Hit the Update button to update the app to the latest version.
7. Repeat the same steps to update other apps.
Note: Similarly, you can uninstall the app on Apple TV and can reinstall it again to get the latest version of the app.
How to Automatically Update Apps on Apple TV
You can also automate the app updation process by enabling the option Automatically Update Apps.
1. Open Settings on your Apple TV.
2. Tap Apps from the list of options.
3. Click the Automatically Update Apps and turn it ON.
4. Whenever an update is available for the apps, the Apple TV will update it automatically when connected to the WiFi.
How to Update Apple TV Firmware
Like updating apps, it is mandatory to update the tvOS to the latest version to avoid the apps not working issue. If a new tvOS update is available, the device itself notifies you by showing a message “Software update is available.”
1. Navigate to Settings on your Apple TV.
2. Tap System and select Software Updates.
3. Click Update Software and hit Download and Install.
4. Wait for the updation process to complete. It might take a few minutes for the update process to get completed.
You can also automatically update Apple TV firmware. To do it, refer to the steps below.
Go to Settings → Click System → Select Software Updates → Turn ON the Automatically Update option.
Frequently Asked Questions
New versions of AppleTV update the apps automatically. You can also turn this option ON/OFF from the Settings of your Apple TV.
This might happen due to a poor Internet connection. Check and reconnect your Apple TV to a strong WiFi connection.
The Apple TV automatically displays a message, or you can find it manually by selecting Settings → Tap System → Click Software Updates.
The primary reason for this issue is minor bugs and malfunctions on the app. To fix it, restart the app on Apple TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Chromecast SoundCloud Music to TV
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install NOW TV on Chromecast with Google TV
- How to Play GTA Vice City on Netflix
- Scary Skins For CS2 Players
- How to Install Vudu on Samsung Smart TV
- How Do Window Cleaning Robots Work?
- How to Update Sharp Smart TV Firmware [All Models]
- How to Watch Facebook Live Videos on Chromecast
- How to Install and Watch Freeview on Firestick