Apple TV is the most expensive streaming device that lets you stream the videos at its best quality. All the Apple TV 4th Generation or later models are equipped with an in-built App Store. The App Store has over 2 million apps in different categories, such as Games, editing, entertainment, news, etc. If you use the Apple TV 4th Generation or later models, you can directly install any app from the App Store. Unfortunately, the App Store is unavailable for Apple TV 3rd Generation or earlier models. You can only use the in-built apps if you use these older models.
How to Get to the App Store on Apple TV
Apple TV 4th Generation or later models come with the built-in App Store from which you can download apps. You can see the App Store icon on the home screen in the top bar. The App Store icon is represented with the letter A.
Move the App Store to the Apple TV Home Screen
If you can’t find the App Store on the home screen, refer to the steps below to add the app to the home screen.
2. Locate and navigate to the App Store.
3. Long-press the Clickpad Centre or Touch Surface of your Apple TV remote until the app jiggles.
4. Drag and move the App Store to the first row on the home screen.
5. To save the arrangement, tap the Clickpad Centre or Touch Surface on the remote.
6. Now, you can access the App Store from the home screen.
How to Find Apps in the App Store
#1. After launching the App Store, you will find several categories on the menu bar.
#2. Discover – It will display popular apps chosen by the App Store.
#3. Apps – Under this section, you will find different apps classified in different categories.
#4. Games – Here, you will see the latest and most popular games.
#5. Arcade – If you have purchased an Apple Arcade subscription, you can access all the Arcade games under this section.
#6. Purchased – This section consists of all the apps purchased on the App Store.
#5. Search icon – Search for your desired apps on App Store by selecting the Search icon.
Note: You can also use Siri to search and install apps on Apple TV.
How to Download Apps on Apple TV
#2. Open the App Store from the home screen.
#3. On the App Store, select the Search icon.
#4. With the help of the on-screen keyboard, type, and search for the app you want to install.
#5. Select the app icon from the search results.
#6. Hit the Buy or Get button to download the app on Apple TV.
You can also update the apps on Apple TV by navigating to the respective app info page on the App Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find the App Store app in the first row of the tvOS home screen.
If you are using AppleTV 3rd generation or earlier models, you can’t find the App Store.
Yes. You can install apps on the AppleTV 4th generation from the App Store.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install NOW TV on Chromecast with Google TV
- How to Play GTA Vice City on Netflix
- Scary Skins For CS2 Players
- How to Install Vudu on Samsung Smart TV
- How Do Window Cleaning Robots Work?
- How to Update Sharp Smart TV Firmware [All Models]
- How to Watch Facebook Live Videos on Chromecast
- How to Install and Watch Freeview on Firestick
- The Most Popular Online Casino Games in Australia