Disney+ Hotstar is one of the Chromecast-compatible apps available on the internet. It lets you watch 100,000 hours of video content in 17 different languages. Apart from on-demand movies and series, you can also use Disney+ Hotstar to live stream sports content. You can watch Football, Cricket, Badminton, Tennis and much more. Along with that, it also features documentaries, originals, and other interesting TV shows.
How to Chromecast Disney+ Hotstar using Smartphone
On the mobile version of Disney+ Hotstar, you will have an inbuilt cast icon inside the app to stream it on Chromecast. You just need to connect your Smartphone to the network where your Chromecast is connected.
#1: Launch the Disney+ Hotstar app and log in to your account or enter your phone number.
#2: Click the Cast icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
#3: Select your Chromecast device.
#4: Now, search and play the media that you want to cast. The media will be cast on the Chromecast-connected TV.
#5: To stop casting, click the Cast icon and select Stop Casting.
How to Cast Disney+ Hotstar on Chromecast from Windows and Mac PC
In addition to the native apps, Hotstar can also be streamed using the web browser. Hence, you can use the Chrome browser on your Windows or macOS devices to cast it on bigger screens.
#1: Open the Chrome browser on your PC or laptop.
#2: Visit hotstar.com and sign in with your Hotstar login credentials.
#3: Navigate to the media that you want to cast.
#4: Right-click anywhere on the screen and select the Cast menu.
#5: Select your Chromecast device.
#6: That’s it. Your windows device screen will mirror the TV. Select and stream the Hotstar content that you want to cast.
#7: To disconnect the connection, click the Cast icon and select your device.
Fix Disney+ Hotstar not working on Chromecast
If the Hotstar is buffering on Chromecast, you can follow the basic troubleshooting tricks mentioned below.
- Ensure your devices are close by and connect them with the same internet connection.
- Force close the Hotstar app or website and relaunch it.
- Make sure you have an active subscription to Disney+ Hotstar.
- Update the Disney+ Hotstar app on your Android or iOS device.
- Update the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Clear unwanted app cache.
- Restart your Chromecast device.
- Ensure that you are using the latest Firmware version of the Chromecast device.
- As the last fix, you can try resetting your Chromecast.
Hotstar Vs. Disney+ Hotstar
Hotstar is an India-based streaming platform available in 8+ countries. After 2020, Hotstar was relaunched as Disney+ Hotstar with Disney+ content in a few countries, including India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam. While Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom still go by the same name Hotstar. You can access Hotstart as a third-party app in Singapore using the StarHub app.
Hotstar is a much-needed app to stream all the media content from India. It also streams the latest TV shows and movies from the US. By casting it through Chromecast, you can watch your favorite videos on larger screens. You can also cancel the Hotstar Subscription anytime you want.
Yes, you can Hotstar India in the US, the UK, Canada, and Singapore.
Update the latest version of the Hotstar app or try another device and also check for the Hotstar server. You can also contact Hotstar Help Center for more help.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Restore Bookmarks on Firefox Browser
- How to Allow Pop-ups in Firefox Browser
- How to Delete Cookies in Edge Browser
- How to Update Microsoft Edge Browser on Smartphone & PC
- How are Code and Programs for Online Games Created?
- How to Change Search Engine in Microsoft Edge
- How to Add Google to Favorites in Safari Browser
- How to Reinstall Safari Browser on iPhone
- How to Take a Full Page Screenshot on Chrome Browser
- How to Remove Search Marquis from Mac