Discovery Plus is a new streaming app that was launched in Jan 2021. With the Discovery Plus app, you can get access to more than 55,000 episodes and 2,500 shows which includes Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, and more. Though the Discovery Plus app is new, the app has Chromecast support on both Android and iOS devices. Let’s see how to cast the Discovery Plus app to your Chromecast device using a smartphone and PC.
Discovery Plus: Subscription plans
Discovery Plus is a subscription-based streaming service, and it provides two subscription plans for its users.
- The monthly subscription costs $4.99 (without ads – $6.99)
- The Yearly subscription costs $49.99
You can also access Discovery Plus for free. With the free account, you can stream live TV and 30-day catch-up shows.
How to Stream Discovery Plus on Chromecast
Pre Requisite :
- Connect your smartphone or PC and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your Google Chromecast to TV with the HDMI port.
Chromecast Discovery Plus: Using Smartphone
(2) Open the app and choose the show you wanted to watch.
(3) Select the Cast icon from the top right corner and choose your Chromecast device.
(4) Now, your Discovery+ show will be cast on your Chromecast TV screen.
(5) To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and choose Disconnect.
Chromecast Discovery Plus: Using PC
(1) From your Chrome browser, go to the Discovery Plus website.
(2) Log-in to Discovery Plus account.
(2) Click Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top right corner of the screen.
(3) You can now see to Cast option from the list of options. Tap the option.
(4) By selecting the cast option, you will be able to view your Chromecast device.
(5) Once you select your Chromecast device, your PC screen will be cast to your TV.
(6) Now, play any video from the Discovery Plus app website.
(7) The video will appear on your TV via Chromecast.
Chromecast Discovery+: Not Working
Are your facing trouble in casting Discovery Plus to your Chromecast device? Check and follow the below guide to make sure that everything is in place for your Chromecast to work.
- If you are using a Chrome browser, clear cache on your Google Chrome browser and try again.
- Turn off your Chromecast device and turn it on.
- Ensure your internet connection is stable and doesn’t have any interruptions.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Discovery Plus app on your smartphone.
- Reset your Chromecast device and try again.
With these two ways, you can cast the Discovery Plus videos to your Chromecast-connected TVs. Watch the Discovery Plus videos on a big screen. If you have issues with the Discovery Plus app. mention them in the comments below.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Find Saved WiFi Passwords on Mac
- The Future of Private Equity
- How To Lose Weight Without Going To The Gym
- Interesting Facts About Online Courses That You Need To Know
- How to Watch Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV
- Disney Plus Not Working on Firestick – General Reasons & Solutions
- How to Chromecast Fox News to Your TV
- How to Cancel Peacock TV Subscription 
- How Old is My iPhone: Different Ways to Find iPhone Age
- How to Install and Watch Discovery Plus on Roku
How to2 years ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV 
Apps3 months ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV6 months ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [January 2021]
FireStick1 year ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
Android11 months ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [January 2021]
How to11 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
Android11 months ago
How to Cast to Firestick using Android and Windows
How to11 months ago
How to Jailbreak Roku in 5 Minutes