Discovery Plus or discovery+ is a standalone streaming app that offers video content from categories like Science, Nature, Wildlife, Food, Space, and more. Both the discovery+ app and website are compatible with the built-in Cast support. You can cast all the video content to any Chromecast-compatible device using the Discovery Plus app or the website. With the Discovery Plus app, you can access more than 55,000 episodes and 2,500 shows from Animal Planet, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, and more.
How to Chromecast Discovery Plus [Smartphones]
(2) Open the app and sign in with your account.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
(3) Choose the show you want to watch.
(4) Select the Cast icon from the top right corner.
(5) Choose your Chromecast device.
(6) Now, your Discovery+ show will be cast on your Chromecast TV screen.
(7) To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and choose Disconnect.
In some smartphones, the Cast icon will always appear on the app. You can click the Cast icon and connect to the Chromecast device. When you play a video on the app, it will appear on the Chromecast TV screen.
How to Chromecast Discovery Plus [PC]
Before getting into the steps, connect your PC and Chromecast to the same WiFi network. Make sure that the Chrome browser on your PC is updated to its latest version.
(1) From your Chrome browser, go to the Discovery Plus website.
(2) Click the Sign In button and log in with your Discovery Plus account.
(3) Choose any video content and play it on your PC.
(4) On the playback screen, tap the Cast icon and choose your Chromecast device.
(5) Now, the video from the discovery+ website will appear on your TV screen.
(6) If the Cast is not available on the playback screen, click Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top right corner of the screen.
(7) You can now see to Cast option from the list of options. Tap the option.
(8) Select your Chromecast device, and your PC screen will be cast to your TV.
(9) Now, play any video from the Discovery Plus app website. The video will appear on your TV via Chromecast.
Chromecast Discovery Plus Not Working
Are you facing trouble casting the Discovery Plus app to your Chromecast device? Check and follow the below guide to make sure that everything is in place for your Chromecast to work.
- If you are using a Chrome browser, clear the cache on your Google Chrome browser and try again.
- Turn off your Chromecast device and turn it on.
- Ensure your internet connection is stable and doesn’t have any interruptions.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Discovery Plus app on your smartphone.
- Restart the Chromecast device and your TV.
- Reset your Chromecast device and try again.
Discovery Plus is a subscription-based streaming service, and it provides two subscription plans for its users.
- The monthly subscription costs $4.99 (without ads – $6.99)
- The Yearly subscription costs $49.99
You can also access Discovery Plus for free using the 7-day free trial.
With these two ways, you can cast the Discovery Plus videos to your Chromecast-connected TVs. Watch the Discovery Plus videos on a big screen.
If you are using the older version of the Discovery+ app, you can’t cast the app Update the Discovery Plus app from the Play Store or App Store to fix the issue.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.