NOW is an OTT platform formerly known as NOW TV, and the popular cable TV provider operates it in the UK that is Sky. And the meaning is with the subscription to the NOW platform, and you can watch all the Sky Networks channels for free. Not only can you enjoy all the Sky Networks channels for a low price also you can watch all the other popular movies and TV shows outside the Sky Network’s channels. And if you are a Chromecast with Google TV user, you can install the NOW app and watch all of your favorite shows.
Related: How to install NOW TV on Chromebook
NOW TV Subscription Plans
Before going for installation, make sure to subscribe to Now TV. It offers 5 different subscription plans.
- Entertainment – £14.99/month
- Sky Cinema – £14.99/month
- Kids – £3.99/month
- Sky Sports – £11.99/month
- Hayu – £4.99/month
Do I Need a VPN to Stream on NOW TV
Yes, you probably need to connect to a VPN to stream on NOW TV because it is available only in the UK. And if you try to access the NOW TV platform outside the US, you can’t access it because of the geo-restriction. However, if you connect to a VPN, you can unblock the geo-restrictions and watch NOW TV across the globe. Also, you need the best VPN like ExpressVPN to unblock the geo-restrictions.
How to Install Now TV on Google TV
Now TV is not available on the official app store. So you need to sideload the app on Google TV using the Downloader app. Before that, you need to enable the Unknown Sources.
1. Go to Settings > System > About and then choose Android OS Built.
2. Click on it 7 times to enable the Developer Mode.
3. Install the Downloader app.
4. Then, again, go to Settings > Privacy > Security and Restrictions.
5. Click on Unknown Sources and enable it for the Downloader app.
6. Launch the Downloader application.
7. Highlight the URL Field and type the following URL: https://bit.ly/3qksBmw. Next, select the Go button.
8. Now TV apk will download on your device. Wait for the app to download completely.
9. Click on the Install option on the installation screen and wait for it to install.
10. Click Open to launch the Now app.
11. Login with your Now TV account credentials and start streaming the media content.
How Cast Now TV Using Smartphone
You can follow the steps below to cast NOW TV on your TV.
2. Connect your Google TV and Android or iOS smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the Now TV app and tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Select Google TV from the list of available devices.
5. On a successful connection, NOW TV will stream on your TV.
Other Possible Ways to Cast NOW TV on Google TV
Also, you can access the NOW TV from the web and cast the contents on your Google TV. For Example, let us say that you found a show to be interesting on the NOW TV website. And at the instant, you can follow the steps below to cast your favorites to your TV.
1. Go to the Chrome browser on your PC and visit https://www.nowtv.com/.
2. Sign in to your subscription account.
3. Next, choose any shows you wish to watch on the big screen.
4. Also, don’t forget a establish a Wi-Fi connection between your Google TV and your PC.
5. Now, click on the Three Vertical Dots icon and choose the Cast option on your PC.
6. Then, select your Google TV device from the list of available devices.
7. Finally, you can watch for favorites on your TV from your PC.
Related: How to install IPTV on Google TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the NOW TV app is free to install. However, you need a subscription to access the NOW TV app.
Yes, naturally, your Google TV device and NOW TV supports Chromecast. So, you can cast the NOW TV app to TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch BBC iPlayer on Chromecast
- How to Install and Watch BritBox on Google TV
- How to Stream Foxtel Go on Apple TV [2 Ways]
- How to Cast NBA on Chromecast-connected TV
- How to Protect Your Device From Spy Apps
- The Growing Opportunities of Mobile Game Development
- Outlook vs. Thunderbird: In-Depth Comparison – 2022
- 7 Christmas Scams to Watch Out For
- How to Watch House of the Dragon on Firestick
- How to Install Soap2day on Firestick / Fire TV