With “Chromecast with Google TV,” you can access various streaming services and applications on your TV. Running on Android TV OS, Google TV has an intuitive interface to install various apps for different media contents. One such application is Now TV, and it lets you watch various on-demand and live tv content. Now TV is not available on Chromecast with Google TV, but you can sideload it or cast it from your Android or iOS smartphone. All possible ways are discussed further in this guide.
Before going for installation make sure to subscribe to Now TV. It offers 5 different subscription plans.
- Entertainment – £9.99/month
- Sky Cinema – £11.99/month
- Kids – £3.99/month
- Sky Sports – £24.99/month
- Hayu – £4.99/month
Sideload Now TV on Google TV Using Downloader
Now TV is not available on the official app store. So you need to sideload the app on Google TV using the Downloader app. Before that, you need to enable the Unknown Sources.
1. Go to Settings > System > About and then choose Android OS Built.
2. Click on it for 7 times to enable the Developer Mode.
3. Install the Downloader app.
4. Then, again go to Settings > Privacy > Security and Restrictions.
5. Click on Unknown Sources and enable it for Downloader app.
6. Launch the Downloader application.
7. Highlight the URL Field and type the following URL: https://bit.ly/3qwOiy6.
8. Now TV apk will download on your device. Wait for it to download completely.
9. Click on the Install option on the installation screen and wait for it to install.
10. Click Open to launch the Now TV on Google TV.
11. Log in with your Now TV account credentials and start streaming the media contents.
Cast Now TV Using Smartphone
1. Install Now TV app on Your Android or iPhone.
2. Connect your streaming device and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the Now TV app and tap the cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Select the Google TV from the list of available devices.
5. On a successful connection, the contents will now be streamed on your TV.
The lack of official apps means we have to use some other way to access Now TV on your streaming device. Instead of casting, it is recommended to use the sideloading technique as you can control the app with your remote.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Is Your Perfect Web Developer Just Around The Corner?
- What You Need to Learn About a Franking Machine and How It Is Used
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Amazon [Website & App]
- How to Find WiFi Password on Chromebook
- How To Hire A Developer For A Mobile App
- Is Android the Perfect Gaming Platform?
- How and why to use a VPN on your company’s devices
- How to Watch TBS on Firestick in 2021
- 4 Tips on How to Sit Correctly and Avoid Injuries
- How to Chromecast Tubi Using Android, iOS, and PC