- Download the NOW TV on Google TVs from the built-in Play Store.
- To install NOW TV: Turn on your TV → Click Search → Type NOW TV → Select the app → Click Install.
- If NOW TV is not available on your Google TV, sideload it using Downloader.
- Use the NOW TV app or website to Chromecast its content from smartphones to Google TVs.
NOW TV is a British streaming service that lets its users stream live TV and on-demand content with a premium subscription. The NOW TV app is available on various streaming devices, including Google TV. You can download the app on your Google TVs from the built-in Play Store.
The NOW TV app lets you watch top-hit movies and TV series from its on-demand library. You can also watch live coverage of various sports events that happen worldwide. The NOW TV mobile app has a built-in Chromecast function, which you can use to cast the content of the app to Google TVs or Chromecast with Google TV devices.
In this guide, you will learn about all the possible ways to stream the NOW TV content on your Google TV.
NOW TV is a geo-restricted platform available only in the UK. To access the NOW TV content outside the UK, use a VPN service like NordVPN.
How to Download NOW TV on Google TV
Before going for installation, make sure to subscribe to Now TV from their official website. Currently, NOW TV offers four types of subscription plans. The base plan starts from £9.99/month.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Turn ON your Google TV and connect it to a strong internet connection.
2. Tap the Search tab displayed on the menu bar.
3. Use the on-screen keyboard to type NOW TV on the search bar.
4. Look for the NOW TV app from the search results and click it.
5. Tap the Install button to download the app on Chromecast with Google TV.
Once installed, sign in to your subscription account to start streaming the app’s content on your TV.
How to Get NOW TV on Google TV using Downloader
If you live outside the UK region, you won’t be able to install the NOW TV app on your TV. In that case, you can sideload the app on Google TV using the Downloader app. Before that, you need to enable the Developer Mode on Google TV. To do it,
Hit the Profile icon → Click Settings → Tap System → Select About → Tap Android TV OS Build 7-8 times until you receive a pop-up “You Are Now A Developer.”
1. Hit the Search tab on the home screen.
2. Search for Downloader and install the app.
3. Navigate back to the Settings screen and click Apps.
4. Tap the option Security & Restrictions.
5. Click Unknown Sources and enable the toggle button near the Downloader app.
6. After allowing Unknown Sources, launch the Downloader application and enter the NOW TV APK link on the URL box.
7. Tap the Go button and wait for the APK file to download.
8. Click the Install button on the installation screen.
9. Once installed, launch the NOW TV app and log in to your NOW TV account to watch videos.
How Cast NOW TV on Chromecast with Google TV
You can cast NOW TV from your smartphone or PC. Before casting, make sure to fulfill the requirements listed below. Connect the Google TV and smartphone/PC to the same WiFi network.
How to Cast NOW TV on Google TV from Android & iPhone
1. Launch the NOW TV app on your mobile and sign in to your account.
2. Tap the Cast icon exhibited in the top-right corner.
3. Select Google TV from the list of available devices.
4. On a successful connection, you can see the NOW TV app screen on your TV. Play any movie on the NOW TV app and watch it on a larger screen.
How to Cast NOW TV from PC
Download the Google Chrome browser on your PC. If you have already installed the app, update the Chrome browser to the latest version.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac.
2. Visit the official website of NOW TV.
3. Tap the My Account drop-down and tap Sign in.
4. Enter the necessary login details to sign in.
5. Once signed in, hit the three-dotted icon (⋮) exhibited at the top.
6. Select the Save and share option from the menu and click Cast…
7. Hit the name of your Google TV device and select the Cast tab from the Sources drop-down menu.
8. Now, the NOW TV website will be cast on your TV.
9. Choose any content to play on the NOW website to start watching.
How to Fix NOW TV Not Working on Chromecast with Google TV
Sometimes, when you mirror the content via Chromecast, you may face technical issues, like Playback errors. To resolve it, follow the troubleshooting methods given below.
- When there is a delay in streaming the content, check whether the devices are connected to a similar internet connection.
- If you cast from the NOW TV app on your smartphone, try clearing the app cache.
- Update the NOW TV app installed on your mobile. If you cast the web version, try updating your Google Chrome browser.
- If the connection interrupts frequently, update your Chromecast to the latest version.
- Restart the Chromecast if the content freezes.
- If none of the above methods works, reset your Chromecast to the factory settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the NOW TV app is free to install. However, you need a subscription to access the app.
Yes, you can use Chromecast NOW TV on your Android TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.