- The Amazon Prime Video is available on the Google Play Store of Chromebook.
- To Install Prime Video: Open Google Play Store → Search for Prime Video → Select Prime Video → Click Install.
- As an alternative way, use the Chrome browser on Chromebook to stream Prime Video content from the official website.
Prime Video is one of the most popular and leading video streaming services that is available on multiple streaming platforms. You can download the Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook from the built-in Google Play Store. With the Prime Video app, you can watch various blockbuster movies, top-hit TV shows, documentaries, anime, and more from its extensive content library.
If your Chromebook doesn’t have a built-in Play Store, you can use the Chrome browser to watch Prime Video content from their website. In this article, you will learn about the possible ways to stream Amazon Prime Video content on any Chromebook.
How to Get Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
To stream the content available on Amazon Prime Video on Chromebooks, you will need an active subscription plan. If you are already a Prime member, you can directly proceed with the steps below. If you are new to the service, sign up for Prime membership on Amazon’s official website. The subscription plan starts at $14.99/month, and you will get a 30-day free trial on your first subscription.
Get Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook [Play Store]
By using the Google Play Store on the Chromebook, you can easily install the Amazon Prime Video app. First, you need to enable the Google Play Store on your Chromebook. To do it, refer to the steps below.
- Launch the Settings app on your Chromebook.
- Navigate to the option About ChromeOS.
- Tap More info and hit the option Channel Settings.
- Locate the option Change Channel and click it.
- Now, the Beta ChromeOS will be installed on your Chromebook.
- Restart your Chromebook device and navigate to Settings again.
- Enable the Google Play Store app and tap Agree.
- Finally, select Sign In and enter your Google credentials to log in to the app.
After enabling the Google Play Store, you can download any Android apps on Chromebook.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Open the Google Play Store app.
2. Search for Amazon Prime Video on the Play Store.
3. From the search results, select the official Amazon Prime Video app developed by Amazon Mobile LLC.
4. Hit Install to download the Prime Video app.
5. Within a few minutes, the Prime Video app will be downloaded to your Chromebook.
6. Launch the app and enter your Amazon account credentials. Now, you can watch all your Amazon Prime movies and TV series on your Chromebook.
Stream Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook [Chrome Browser]
This method is applicable to all types of Chromebooks. Before moving further, make sure to update the Chrome browser to the latest version.
1. On your Chromebook, launch Google Chrome Browser.
2. Visit the official website of Amazon Prime Video.
3. Tap Sign In and enter your Amazon account login details.
4. Once signed in, choose your favorite media content on the Prime Video website and enjoy streaming it on your Chromebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can cast Amazon Prime Videos from a Chromebook to a Chromecast-connected TV.
1. Make sure the internet connectivity is stable to sort the issue.
2. Delete the app on the Chromebook and reinstall it again.
3. Update the Amazon Prime Video app.
4. Update the Chromebook device to the latest version.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.