Amazon Firestick is a popular streaming device with over 19000+ apps in the Amazon App Store. The Amazon App Store consists of apps in several categories, including Games, Entertainment, Business, Communication, Kids, Lifestyle, and more. You can easily download apps from the Amazon App Store on your Firestick or Fire TV. You can also use the Amazon website to install apps on your Fire TV Stick. If you can’t find your desired app on the Amazon App Store, sideload the APK file of the app using Downloader on Firestick.
How to Install Apps on Amazon FireStick
Before downloading the app, ensure to connect the Firestick to stable WiFi.
1. Navigate to the Fire TV Stick home screen and hit the Find icon.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Click the Search bar and type the app’s name in the search box.
Note: Navigate to the App Store tile to search for your desired app based on its category.
3. Locate and select the app from the search results.
4. Hit the Get button to install the app on your Firestick-connected TV or Fire TV.
How to Install Apps on Firestick Using Alexa
1. Press the Voice button or Alexa symbol on your Fire TV Stick remote.
2. Give the command “Alexa, download (App name).”
3. Hit the Get button or say Yes to download the app on your Fire TV.
How to Add Apps on Firestick Via Amazon Website
1. Visit the official website of Amazon (www.amazon.com) from a browser on your PC and log in to your account using the same credentials you have used on your Firestick.
2. Tap the Search bar and type the name of the app you wish to download.
3. Select the app from the search suggestions.
4. Hit the Deliver to drop-down menu and select your Firestick device.
5. Finally, hit the Get App button to add the app to your Firestick or Fire TV.
6. Now, you can see that app in the Apps section of your Firestick.
How to Sideload Apps on Firestick
Apart from direct installation, you can also sideload apps on your Firestick or Fire TV. Amazon App Store does not have some popular free streaming apps like Mobdro. If you want to install apps unavailable in the Amazon App Store, you need to sideload the APK file of the apps using third-party installer tools. The installation and setup guide of some popular installer tools are listed below.
How to Add Apps to Firestick Home Screen
You can also move the apps to the Firestick home screen to access the app easily. To do it, refer to the steps below.
1. Navigate to the Firestick home screen and select the Applications icon.
2. On the Apps section, locate and navigate to the app you want to move.
3. Press the Menu button (three horizontal lines icon) on your Firestick remote.
4. From the side menu, select the option Move to Front to move the app to the first position. By selecting Move, You can manually move the app to your desired position.
5. Once the app is moved to the front row, you can access that app directly from the Firestick home screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
All the apps available on Amazon App Store are free to download. But to use some apps, you need to get a subscription for that app.
Yes. You can download APK apps on Firestick using the Downloader app.
Hit the Find icon on the home screen and select the App Store tile to launch the Amazon App Store on Firestick.
To remove the apps on Firestick, navigate to Settings → Click Applications → Tap Manage Installed Applications → Select the app → Tap Uninstall.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.