The archive feature on Facebook messenger helps you to remove the old messages from your inbox instead of deleting them. The old conversations with your Facebook friend may contain some important messages you may need in the future. Have you archived an important message in Facebook messenger and want to find it? Finding the archived messages became easy after the new update on the messenger app. Yes, you can find all the archived messages in the Archived Chats folder. You can find the archive messages in the Facebook messenger app on Android, iPhone, and iPad. Further, you can also find archived messages on the official Facebook Messenger website.
How to See Archived Messages in Messenger [Android and iOS]
The methods to find the archived messages on iPhone, iPad, and Android are the same.
1. Unlock your iPhone or Android phone and open the Facebook Messenger app.
2. Make sure the app is up-to-date. If not, update the Messenger app first.
3. Click your Profile icon in the top left corner.
4. Tap the Archived Chats option under your profile.
5. Here, you can find all the archived messages.
How to View Archived Messages of a Particular Person
1. Open the Facebook Messanger app.
2. Type the archived message’s recipient name in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Now, the archived messages will appear on the screen.
4. Click on the message to see it.
How to See Archived Messages on Facebook Messenger Website
You can also find the archive message on your PC or computer using the Facebook Messenger website.
1. Initially, Turn On your computer.
2. Open a web browser and navigate to the Facebook official site at www.facebook.com/.
3. Login with your Facebook account username and password.
4. Tap the Messanger icon on the top right corner.
5. Now, a pop-up window will appear on the screen.
6. Click See all in Messanger at the bottom of the Window.
7. Hit the three-dot icon and tap Archived chats.
8. Finally, you can see all the archived messages on Messenger.
Bonus: How to Unarchive a Message on Messenger
On the Messenger app:
- Select the Profile icon and click on the Archived chats option.
- Then, long-press the chat you wish to unarchive and select Unarchive.
On Facebook Website
- Log in to the Facebook account and click on the Messenger icon.
- In the pop-up window, select the Menu (3-dots icon) and click Archived Chats.
- In the list, right-click on the profile that your wish to unarchive and select Unarchive chat.
Other Facebook Messenger Guides:
- How to Change Language in Facebook Messenger
- How to Enable Dark Mode Facebook Messenger
- How to Delete Messages on Facebook Messenger
- How to Change Password on Facebook Messenger
Frequently Asked Questions
You can see the archived messages in the Archived Chats folder on the Facebook Messenger app.
Messenger App: Open Facebook Messenger → log in → Long-press the chat → Click Archive.
Messenger Website: Visit the Facebook Messenger website → Sign in → Navigate to a chat → Tap the three-dotted icon → Select Archive Chat.
When you archive a chat, the chat will go to a separate page. It won’t be displayed on the messages screen, and you can unarchive the chat anytime.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Add and Activate TSN on Roku
- How to Add Apps on Hisense Smart TV [All Models]
- How to Install and Activate Disney Plus on Philips Smart TV
- How to Add Apps on Toshiba Smart TV [4 Ways]
- How to Get and Activate Hotstar on Sony Smart TV
- Finding New Trends On Tiktok. How Difficult It is?
- How to Install and Watch beIN Sports on Firestick
- How to Add and Watch ITV Hub (ITVX) on Roku
- How to Chromecast ITV Hub (ITVX) on Your TV
- How to Install and Activate BBC iPlayer on Apple TV