- Press the Reset button on the PS3 controller to reset it.
Though I got my new PS5 controller, at times, I use my decade-old PS3. While the PS3 console is working fine, the controller is having some performance issues. When the PS3 controller is not working for me, I’ll reset the controller to its factory settings. Resetting the PlayStation 3 controller will fix all the performance and pairing issues.
If your PS3 controller is not pairing with the console, you can reset the controller to fix the issue. Follow the steps mentioned here to reset the controller.
How to Reset PS3 Controller
The reset operation is a quick and easy one. You need to use a paper clip or pin to access the Reset button on the controller. Before proceeding further, you have to charge the PS3 Controller.
1. First, turn off your PS3 Controller and PlayStation 3 console.
2. Unplug the controller from the PlayStation 3 console.
3. You can find the Reset button at the back of the controller.
4. Use a Paper clip to press the Reset button.
5. Now, connect the controller using the USB cable to your PlayStation 3 console.
6. Hit the PS button on your PS3 controller to reboot your PS3.
7. Finally, connect the controller with your PS3 console.
How to Reset PS3 Controller without Reset Button
You will not be able to reset your controller without a reset button. But, there is a walkaround that you can try to restart your controller.
1. Connect your PS3 controller with your PlayStation 3.
2. Next, press the PS button on the controller.
3. Now, disconnect the controller from the console.
4. Finally, the PS3 console will restart. This will soft reset the controller.
If the controller is not working even after the reset, you should check for any physical damage or accumulation of dust particles in the controller. Clean the dust and try again. In the case of physical damage, you need to buy a new controller.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your PS3 controller loses the Bluetooth pairing, it will start flashing. At the time, connect your controller to PS3 using the USB cable and press the PS button on your controller to stop the flashing.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Stream Viaplay Kodi Addon
- How to Install and Use Google Meet on Amazon Fire Tablet
- How to Reset Element Smart TV [All Models]
- How to Know Who Viewed My Whatsapp Profile (Android & iPhone)
- 600+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URLs [Updated December 2023]
- How to Reboot or Restart Chromecast [Two Ways]
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Kodi [YouTube Kodi Addon]
- Sportzfy TV APK: Installation Guide for Android and Firestick
- How to Delete Apps on Hisense Smart TV
- How To Use Enterprise Search Tools To Improve Productivity