Like removing the cache on your smartphone frequently, you must clear the cache on your LG Smart TV to help apps to function better. Though the accumulation of cache is necessary to load the apps, it might reduce the performance in the long run. Clearing the app cache is simple to do and can be done easily in the Application Manager section of LG TV. Remove the app cache on LG TV to improve the performance of the app and to get rid of the insufficient storage issue.
Why Should You Clear Cache on LG Smart TV?
If you come across the below-listed scenarios, you must remove the cache on your LG TV.
- If the app delays when you launch it.
- When the app crashes frequently.
- If it throws an Out of Memory Message notification.
- If your LG TV isn’t working fine.
How to Remove App Cache on LG Smart TV
If you have installed streaming apps like Hulu, Disney Plus, or Netflix on LG TV, you might face issues while streaming videos on the app. You can easily sort out this problem by clearing the app cache on your LG Smart TV.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Power On your LG Smart TV and press the Home button on the remote.
2. Navigate to Settings and select System Settings under it.
3. Further, choose Application Manager.
4. It shows you the list of apps you have installed on your LG Smart TV.
5. Select your desired app using the remote.
6. From the list of options, select Clear Cache to delete the cache of the app.
How to Clear Browser Cache on LG Smart TV
If you browse frequently on LG TV, then it is necessary to remove the browser cache.
1. Launch the Web Browser from the home screen on your LG Smart TV.
2. Next, click Menu (three-dot icon) on the top right.
3. Click Settings in the menu lists.
4. Navigate down to the Clear Browsing Data section.
5. Select Clear All Browsing Data to remove the cache on LG TV.
6. If you want to clear browser cookies specifically, select Clear Cookies.
Note: By deleting the cookies, you will be signed out from the websites.
Other Ways to Clear Cache on LG Smart TV
Apart from the above methods, you can delete the cache on your LG TV in the different ways mentioned below.
Power Cycle LG TV
1. Press the Power button on your LG TV remote to turn Off the TV.
2. After a few seconds, turn On your TV by pressing the Power button again. By restarting the LG TV, the temporary files, caches, data, and bugs will be fixed.
Close the Recent Apps
1. Generally, the LG Smart TV will show the recently used apps on the Home screen.
2. Using the remote, navigate to the Recent Apps section and select the desired app.
3. You can see the X icon above the app.
4. Choose the icon to remove the app from the lists. Thus, the recently created cache will be removed permanently.
Uninstall and Reinstall Apps
If the app is not working on your LG Smart TV, uninstall and reinstall the app on the LG TV from the LG Content Store. Uninstalling the app will delete the app files, including caches, permanently.
Update Apps on LG Smart TV
Updating the app to the latest version might help you to solve the app not working issue. You can easily update the app on your LG Smart TV on the application info screen.
Reset LG Smart TV
If you still find the LG TV performing slow, the last possible method to try is resetting it. When you reset your LG Smart TV, it will permanently delete all the data on your TV. If you don’t have hesitation, you can proceed with this method.
Go to Settings → Tap All Settings → Click Support → Tap Reset to Initial Settings → Enter PIN → Click OK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can clear the app cache on LG Smart TV.
Go to Settings → System Settings → Application Manager → Select YouTube → Tap Clear Cache.
Yes. Deleting the app cache on LG TV is safe to do.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.