Are you trying to install apps on your Samsung TV that is not available on SmartHub? Then, you need to jailbreak your Samsung TV. Jailbreaking is the most innovative way to improve the capacity of your Samsung TV’s firmware. It even allows you to access third-party apps, download new features, remove unwanted bloatware, and more. However, it has disadvantages like easy access to hackers and slow network speed. If you are concerned about your privacy, avoid jailbreaking your Samsung TV. Remember that jailbreaking your Samsung TV is not illegal, but it does void the warranty.
How to Jailbreak Your Samsung Smart TV
You can use this jailbreaking procedure for all your Samsung Smart TVs.
1. Check the Firmware of your Samsung TV. Make sure it has a built-in ARM processor with firmware <=1018.0. Then, make sure to have the requirements below.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
- GIT (open-sourced version control system)
- Samsung Software Development Kit (SDK).
- Xbox Media Center.
- A Toolchain – Software tools to complete development tasks.
2. Enter the PIN.
- Turn On your Samsung TV → Go to Settings → Tap Setup options → Enter the PIN (0000).
3. Choose the Language Preference for your TV. The correct language will be automatically updated once you enter the PIN.
4. You will see the Auto Tuning pop-up menu on the screen.
5. Then, hit the option Channel Type and tap Digital.
6. After the Auto Tuning process is completed, click Next.
5. You need to enter your Internet service location.
6. Tap Aerial Option and select the option Next. Finally, enter the passcode.
6. Click the Update Now button on the next screen. After the update is completed, restart the Samsung TV.
7. That’s it. You have successfully jailbroken your Samsung Smart TV. Now, you can install third-party apps on your TV.
Benefits of Jailbreaking Samsung Smart TV
- Unlock new features that let you uniquely customize your Samsung Smart TV.
- Allows you to download the apps and games unavailable on the Samsung TV’s app store.
- It will unlock the network restrictions, and you can pick a network you like.
- You can uninstall the pre-installed apps on your Samsung TV.
- Access to the different websites.
Disadvantages of Jailbreaking Samsung TV
- Downloading or accessing unauthorized platforms can be the gateway to stealing your personal information from Samsung TV.
- You may end up crashing your Samsung TV if jailbreaking goes wrong.
- If any of your Samsung TV’s hardware or software starts malfunctioning, you can’t able to use the warranty to recover it.
- Some in-built Samsung TV features may not work properly, and you will face several issues while streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can jailbreak your Samsung Smart TV. Before doing it, check whether the Samsung TV is updated to the latest firmware.
No. Technically, it is not illegal. But jailbreaking your Samsung TV can cause security issues.
Yes. By jailbreaking your Samsung TV, you can install the APK files.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.