- You can factory reset the Hisense Smart TV from the Settings menu. Based on the TV OS, the steps will vary.
- Android TV: Go to Settings menu → Choose Device Preferences → Select Reset → Choose Factory Data Reset.
- Roku TV: Click Settings → Choose System → Go to Advanced System Settings → Tap Factory Reset option → Enter the PIN to reset the TV.
- VIDAA TV: Go to Quick Settings menu → Select All option → Go to About → Click Restore to Factory Settings.
- Google TV: Go to Settings → Choose System Settings → Select About → Tap Factory Reset option.
- Fire TV: Go to Settings → Choose Reset to Factory Defaults option → Click Reset.
- XClass TV: Open Settings → Choose Device Settings → Select Factory Reset option.
Do you have any software issues with Hisense TV? Is your Hisense Smart TV not responding to the remote commands? If yes, then there might be some minor bugs in the TV. To resolve those bugs, you need to reset your Hisense Smart TV.
When you reset the TV, all the applications installed on Hisense TV and user-defined settings will be removed. Before initiating the process, take the necessary backup from the TV. So that you can easily retrieve those details after resetting the TV.
In this guide, you will learn how to reset the Hisense Smart TV of all OSes to its factory defaults. Pick a method that your Hisense TV OS from the methods mentioned below.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Why Should I Reset My TV?
The primary reasons for resetting Hisense TV are discussed below.
- Unlimited lags, buffering, and displays no picture.
- When your Hisense TV is crowded with applications.
- If your TV is unresponsive to any commands.
- If you are going to sell your Hisense TV.
- If you intend to remove all the data from your Hisense Smart TV.
How to Reset Hisense Smart TV
Hisense TV contains six different operating systems. The resetting process differs based on the model you use.
Reset Hisense Android TV
1. Hit the Home button on your Hisense Android TV remote.
2. From the home screen, hit the Settings icon.
3. Choose Device Preference from the menu.
4. Now, scroll down and select the Reset button.
5. On the confirmation pop-up, choose the Factory Data Reset option.
6. Your Hisense Android TV will begin to erase all the data.
7. Once the resetting process is over, your Hisense TV will restart.
8. After the restart, you can set up the TV and use it as usual.
Hard Reset Hisense Roku TV
1. Hit the Home button on your TV remote.
2. From the home page, locate and select Settings.
3. Press the down directional button and locate System.
4. Now, press the right button and select Advanced System Settings.
5. Again, press the right button and select Factory Reset.
6. Enter the four-digit PIN that is displayed on the screen. In our case, the PIN is 9123.
7. On the confirmation pop-up, click the Start Factory Reset button.
8. After the reset, you will get the setup screen. Complete the on-screen prompts to set up the Roku TV.
Reset Hisense VIDAA TV
1. Hit the Settings button on your TV remote.
2. Now, the Quick Settings menu appears, and select the All option from the current screen.
3. Choose the About option and select Restore to Factory Settings.
4. Go through the confirmation pop-up to reset the TV.
5. After the reset process, the TV will restart. Then, you have to set up the TV from scratch.
Hard Reset Hisense Google TV
1. Hit the Settings button on your TV remote or select the Settings icon from the screen.
2. Scroll down and select System Settings.
3. On the System Settings menu, select the About option.
4. On the next screen, click the Factory Reset button.
5. On the confirmation screen, select Factory Reset.
6. Now, select the Erase Everything button.
7. Enter the four-digit PIN if it asks and click the OK button.
8. This will reset the Google TV. Then, you have to pair the remote and set up the Hisense Google TV.
Reset Hisense Fire TV
1. From your Hisense Fire TV home page, click on the Settings icon. You can also press the Settings button directly from the remote.
2. On the Settings menu, navigate to Reset to Factory Defaults and click on it.
3. You will get the confirmation screen. Click the Reset button.
4. Your Hisense Fire TV will reset to its factory settings. After the reset, set up the TV.
Using the same steps, you can also reset your Firestick. You can also press & hold the Back button and Right Navigation button on the remote to reset the TV.
Hard Reset Hisense XClass TV
1. Click the Settings icon at the top-left corner of the TV.
2. From the settings page, select Device Settings followed by Factory Reset.
3. After that, confirm the resetting process. If prompted, enter your TV PIN.
4. Once the resetting process is over, your TV will restart automatically.
5. After the restart, you need to set up the TV to start using it again.
How to Hard Reset Hisense Smart TV from Service Menu
If you cannot access any options on your TV or when your TV displays a black screen, use the Service Menu to reset your TV.
1. Grab your Hisense TV remote and enter the code 1969.
2. After that, the Hisense TV Service Menu will appear.
3. From that, choose the Factory Reset option.
4. Select Yes to reset your TV to factory settings.
How to Reset Hisense Smart TV Without a Remote
If you lose your Hisense TV remote, don’t panic. You can still reset your Hisense Smart TV without a remote. Normally, all the Hisense TV panels include a set of manual buttons that will be available on the backside of the TV. If you want to reset the Hisense Fire TV without a remote, you can use this method.
From there, locate the Input and Volume buttons. Then, long press the buttons for almost 30 seconds. This will reset your Hisense TV and restart it.
On a few Hisense models, the Reset button is available at the back. You have to use a pin or any sharp object to poke into the hole to reset your TV. You can use this method to reset the TV when there is no picture.
How to Soft Reset Hisense Smart TV
After factory resetting your Hisense Smart TV, you may experience minor hangings and buffers. To rectify that, you have to restart your Hisense Smart TV.
1. Click the Home button on your Hisense remote.
2. Select the Settings icon from the home page.
3. Select the System option.
4. Scroll down to the Restart option. Click on it to restart the TV.
If the Restart option is not available on the screen, you have to restart the TV manually. Turn off the power supply and remove all the plugs on the TV. Keep it idle for 10-15 minutes. Then, turn on the Hisense TV. This refers to a soft reset Hisense TV. This won’t delete any files on the TV.
If you still find issues even after resetting, approach the Hinsense Support Center or nearby showroom.
Yes. You can find the Reset button on selected models of Hisense Smart TVs.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.