TCL is one of the most popular brands for smart TVs to watch your favorite content at high quality. However, using smart TVs for a long time can cause temporary malfunctions and other hardware or software issues. In such cases, you can follow basic troubleshooting methods like firmware updates, soft restart, and clearing cache files. On the contrary, if none of the methods help you fix the issue, you can consider performing a factory reset on your TCL TV as a last resort.
Factory reset will erase all the data and previously installed apps on your TCL TV. So, it is mandatory to back up the chief data on your TCL TV before resetting.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step procedure of factory resetting your TCL Smart TV according to the operating systems with or without the remote control.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Reset TCL Smart TV With Remote
If you have a remote control that comes along with your TCL TV, you can use that to initiate the factory reset without breaking a sweat.
Resetting TCL Roku TV With Remote
1. Turn on your TCL Roku TV and press the Home button on your remote control.
2. Scroll down and select the Settings option.
3. After that, choose the System option.
4. Further, scroll down and select the Advanced System Settings option.
5. Select Factory Reset and click Factory Reset Everything.
6. Then, enter the Reset code displayed on your TV and press OK to start the reset process.
Note: You can press the Play/Pause button on your remote control three times to reset all TV picture and audio settings to their original defaults on your TCL Roku TV.
Factory Resetting TCL Android TV With Remote
1. Power on your TCL Android TV and press the Settings button on your remote control.
2. Once the menu is displayed on your TCL TV screen, click the More Settings/System option.
3. After that, scroll down and choose Device Preferences.
4. Further, click the Reset option on your TCl Android TV.
5. Next, click the Factory Data Reset option on the TV screen.
6. Select Erase Everything, and you’ll see a popup on your TV screen.
7. Enter the PIN code displayed on your TV to reset your TCL Android TV to its factory settings.
How to Hard Reset TCL Google TV with Remote
1. Launch your TCL Google TV and navigate the Settings menu.
2. Hover and select the System option.
3 Click About from the next screen.
4. After that, scroll through and select the Reset option.
5. Click Factory Reset and choose Factory Reset again from the next screen.
6. To confirm the reset, hit Erase Everything.
7. Further, enter the Factory Reset code on your TV using the on-screen keyboard to confirm the reset.
8. Finally, click OK to reset your Google TV to its factory defaults.
How to Reset TCl Fire TV With Remote
1. Power on your TCL Fire TV and press the Home button on your remote control.
2. Select the Settings option on your TCL Fire TV and select Device & Software.
3. Under Device & Software, select the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
4. After that, click Reset from the popup screen.
5. Now, Resetting your TV to Factory Defaults screen will display, and your TCL TV will turn off automatically.
After a successful restart, your TC Fire TV will turn on and revert the system settings to their factory defaults.
How to Reset TCL Smart TV Without Remote
If your TCL TV remote is not working properly, or you lose the remote, you will face difficulty in resetting your TV. In such cases, you can use TCL remote apps or physical buttons to reset your TCL Smart TV without using a remote.
|TCL Operating System
|Android Remote App
|iOS Remote App
|TCL Roku TV
|The Roku Android App (Official)
|The Roku iOS App (Official)
|TCL Android/Google TV
|Google TV Android App
|Google TV iOS App
|TCL Fire TV
|Amazon Fire TV Android App
|TCL Fire TV iOS App
1. Unlock your smartphone and install the respective TCL remote app from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Once installed, open the respective app and enter your account with credentials to sign in.
3. Then, ensure to connect your smartphone and TCL TV to the same WiFi network.
4. After that, you can follow the on-screen prompts to reset your TV without a remote.
How to Reset a TCL TV with Black Screen
Sometimes, your TCL TV becomes unresponsive and displays only a black screen. In such cases, you can use the physical Reset button on your TV to initiate the reset.
1. Locate the Reset button on your TV. It is mostly located at the back side of your TV.
2. After that, fetch sharp-pointed objects like a nail or paperclip and press the Reset button.
3. Release the button when the light indicator on your TCL TV faints away. It will take around 4-5 minutes to complete the reset.
How to Restart TCL Smart TV
Besides proceeding with a hard reset, you can also perform a soft restart on your TCL Smart TV. Hopefully, a soft restart doesn’t erase the installed and sensitive data stored on your TV.
1. Power off your TCL Smart TV using the remote control.
2. After that, remove all the cables connected to the HDMI port on your TCL TV.
3. Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet and wait for a few minutes.
4. Now, connect all the cables back to the HDMI port and plug in the power cable back to the wall outlet.
5. Finally, power on your TCL Smart TV to eliminate temporary bugs and glitches in the system.
Performing a soft reset is similar to rebooting your TCL TV. You can press and hold the Power button on your Remote control until the TV turns off and on again.
Yes, you can hold the Reset button on your TCL TV to perform a factory reset without entering the reset code.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.