- You can unlock the LG TV Menu without a remote by using the LG ThinQ app.
- Using LG ThinQ App: Install the LG ThinQ app on a Smartphone → Open the app → Click +Add Device → Choose your LG TV → Enter passcode → Start using it to unlock the LG TV menu.
- You can also use third-party remote apps, a mouse, or a gaming console to unlock LG TV’s menu.
There is no need to worry if your LG TV remote is damaged or lost. You can use the LG ThinQ app to unlock the TV menu without a remote. LG ThinQ is an official LG remote app for smartphones; you can pair it with your LG TV to control it virtually.
You can also install and use any third-party remote apps that are compatible with your LG Smart TV. Besides that, you can connect and use any external USB device or gaming console to your LG TV to unlock the menu.
In this guide, we have explained all these methods in detail. You can pick your preferred method and follow the steps to unlock the LG TV menu without a remote.
How to Unlock LG TV Menu Using LG ThinQ App
Priorly, connect your LG TV to the WiFi network. Then, connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the app and complete the Sign-in process.
3. Tap +Add Device and click Select a Device.
4. Choose the TV option and pick your LG Smart TV name from the shown device list.
5. A passcode will appear on your TV screen.
6. Enter the same in the LG ThinQ app and hit OK to complete the pairing.
7. Now, use the remote interface on the app to control and unlock the LG TV’s Settings menu.
Also, you can screenshot your LG TV using the LG ThinQ app to capture the best moment on the TV>
How to Unlock LG TV Settings Menu Using Third-Party Apps
Besides the official remote app, there are many third-party remote apps that are compatible with the LG Smart TV. You can install it from the Play Store and use it to control and unlock the menu on LG TV without using a remote. Some of the third-party apps are listed below.
Remote Smart ThinQ for LG TV App
Install the Remote Smart ThinQ for LG TV App from your Android smartphone’s Play Store. This app has many modern features with an easy navigation control panel. Connect your LG TV and the smartphone to the same WiFi to start accessing the LG TV Menu without the remote. Also, you can connect LG TV to Google Home to access the TV with Google Assistant.
Smart LG TV Remote
Smart LG TV remote works with all models of the LG TV. Download this app from the Play Store. With the app, you can add and control multiple Smart TVs. Pair the remote app with your LG TV and unlock the home menu.
LG webOS Magic Remote
LG webOS Magic Remote app requires pairing with your LG TV only for the first time. Further, it will connect automatically. Get this app from the Play Store. Using the app, you can customize the remote buttons. This app is compatible only with the LG webOS TV. You can’t use the app on NetCast TVs.
How to Unlock LG TV Menu Using Keyboard or Mouse
You can use a USB keyboard or mouse to unlock your LG TV menu when the remote is not working.
Insert the keyboard or mouse cable into the USB port on your TV. Now, turn ON your LG TV and start accessing its settings by clicking on the Menu button using the external USB device.
It will be more convenient if you have a wireless mouse. To use it on your TV, connect the mouse sensor to the TV’s USB port. That’s it; power ON your TV and start accessing the LG TV menu.
How to Unlock LG TV Menu Using Xbox One
If you have connected Xbox One to your LG TV, you can use the console to unlock the TV menu. With the console, navigate to Settings and pick the TV menu. Now, select the One Guide option and pick Device Control.
Further, choose your LG TV and tap Automatic. Click on Send Command and finally hit Xbox One Turns ON and Turns Off my Devices option to complete the process. Now, you can use the Xbox controller to navigate within the LG TV Menu.
You can turn ON the LG TV without a remote by using the Power button on the TV or pairing the device with the LG ThinQ app.
Tap the Settings button on the LG TV remote to open the Settings menu.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Tag Someone on Facebook [App & Website]
- How to Add and Watch Freeview on Apple TV
- How to Chromecast DAZN on TV
- Possible Ways to Get Tinder Gold For Free
- How to Hide Snapchat Score 
- 600+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URLs [Updated October 2023]
- How to Install and Watch IPTV on Hisense Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung Smart TV Remote Not Working Issues
- How to Cancel Anytime Fitness Membership
- How to Get Adobe Photoshop 7-Day Free Trial