Spotify is a digital platform offering plenty of music, podcasts, albums, and originals. It also contains audiobooks with thousands of stories to listen to. In the Spotify app, you can create and share playlists with anyone. Similar to Disney Plus on Philips Smart TV, you can install the Spotify app on both Android and Roku TV models. In the Philips Android TV, you can install the app from the Play Store. In the Philips Roku TV, you can install the app from the Channel Store.
How to Install Spotify on Philips Roku TV
1. Turn on your Philips Roku TV and move to the Home page.
2. Select the Streaming Channels from the menu.
3. Then, click on the Search channels and search for the Spotify app.
4. From the search result, select the Spotify app and click on Add channel button.
5. After this process, the channel will be added to your Roku TV.
6. Finally, launch the app to get the activation code.
How to Install Spotify on Philips Android TV
1. Power on your Philips Android TV and open the Apps tab.
2. Select the Play Store app and click on the Search icon.
3. Search for Spotify and select the icon from the search result.
4. Tap the Install button to get the Spotify app on your Philips Android TV.
How to Activate Spotify on Philips Smart TV
1. Open the Spotify app and click the Login with PIN option.
2. You will receive an activation code on the device screen.
3. On your PC, go to the Spotify Activation site (https://accounts.spotify.com/en/pair). Sign in with your Spotify account if asked.
4. Enter the pairing code and click the Next button.
5. Once the process is over, you can start listening to your favorite songs.
Spotify Features on Philips Smart TV
Compared to the Spotify smartphone app, the feature available in the Spotify app for Philips Smart TV is minimal but effective. Some of the notable features are,
Add to Favorites
The Spotify app allows you to add songs to your Favorite list by clicking the Heart icon. You can access your Favorite list from the Library option.
Select the Search icon on the Home page to search for the song or the artist you want. You can also search for playlists and get popular Spotify Playlists created by others. This provides all the related results on the screen, you can choose the needed content from the following content.
The Bell icon on the home screen will lead to the latest and trending songs. Once you click the icon, you will get a list of new release songs and the artist.
Recently Played List
From the Home page, you will find a Clock icon. Clicking the Clock icon will lead you to the recently played list. With this process, you can view all the recently played songs on your device’s screen.
How to Cast Spotify to Philips Smart TV
In the Philips Android TV models, you can cast the Spotify app from your smartphone using the Spotify Connect feature. For Philips Roku TV, you can enable Private Listening to get audio from your smartphone.
 Install the Spotify app on your Android smartphone or tablet from the Play Store.
 Then, connect your smartphone and Philips Smart TV to the same WiFi connection.
 Open the Spotify app and play any song or podcast.
 Tap the Spotify Connect icon and choose your Philips Smart TV.
 Now, the audio from the Spotify app will be heard on your Philips Smart TV.
Spotify Not Working on Philips Smart TV
Sometimes you may face issues like Spotify not playing music on Philips Smart TV. This may occur because of the issues like Improper Network connection, Outdated Spotify app, etc. These issues can be fixed by basic troubleshooting methods like,
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Spotify app.
- Use a stable WiFi connection.
- Update the Spotify app.
- Restart your Philips Smart TV.
- Update Philips Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can get Spotify for free, but you will get ads and the features will be limited.
Spotify subscription starts from $9.99 per month. You can buy the subscription from the Spotify website.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Get TNT on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Pair Samsung Remote to Samsung Smart TV
- How to Use Telegram on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn On Bluetooth on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch BBC iPlayer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Plex on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch YouTube on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch ITVX on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install BritBox on Samsung Smart TV
- Best Ways to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Samsung Smart TV