- Steam Link is unavailable for LG Smart TVs.
- You can screen mirror the Steam Link app on the TV from your Smartphone.
Steam Link is not available in the LG Content Store, so you cannot install the app on your LG TV. But you can mirror the Android Phone or iPhone screen on your LG Smart TV and can view Steam games on your TV.
Before proceeding into the mirroring steps, you must connect the Steam Link app on your Smartphone to the Steam app on your PC.
After doing it, connect a Chromecast device to your TV, as the LG TV lacks casting support. Then, keep the LG TV, Smartphone, and PC under the same WiFi network.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
This article covers the step-by-step procedure to screen mirror the Steam Link app on LG TV.
How to Set Up Steam Link App on Smartphone & PC
Priorly check whether you have connected your PC and Smartphone under the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Steam Link app on your PC (Windows/Mac).
2. Open the app on your PC and sign in with your account details.
3. Navigate to Settings and select Remote Play from the left pane.
4. Then, tick the box near the option Enable Remote Play.
6. Launch the Steam Link app on your Smartphone and tap Get Started.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the gaming controller.
8. Then, select your PC on the next screen.
9. Now, you will see a PIN on the Steam Link mobile app.
10. Enter the PIN on the box shown on your PC.
11. Finally, hit the Start Playing button to play the Steam games on your smartphone.
How to Screen Mirror Steam Link on LG Smart TV from Android Phone
1. Turn ON and connect the LG TV to the same WiFi as your Android Phone & PC are connected.
2. Tap the Cast icon from the Notification Panel on your Android device.
3. Pick your LG Smart TV from the devices list to pair.
4. Once mirrored, open the Steam Link app on your Android Phone.
5. That’s it. Play your favorite game on the Steam Link mobile app and enjoy viewing it on a big screen.
How to Screen Mirror Steam Link on LG Smart TV from iPhone
1. Power ON and enable AirPlay on LG Smart TV.
2. Connect the LG TV, PC, and iPhone to the same WiFi.
3. Tap the Screen Mirroring option from the Control Center on your iPhone.
4. From the devices list, select your LG TV.
5. Once the iOS screen is mirrored, open the Steam Link app on your iOS and play any game to view it on your LG TV screen.
It is due to a network error. You must use a higher Internet bandwidth to play Steam Link games without interruption. Also, check whether all devices are connected to the same WiFi.
No. You can’t sideload and install the Steam Link app on your LG Smart TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.