- The Telegram app is not available for Android TV in the Play Store. You have to sideload the app using Downloader.
- You can also install Tevegam (an unofficial Telegram client for Android TV) from the Play Store.
The official Telegram app is not compatible with the Android TV and TV Boxes. However, you can sideload the Telegram APK on your Android TV using the Downloader app.
Telegram is one of the popular messaging applications similar to WhatsApp. Apart from chatting, you can share media files with other Telegram users. By subscribing to Telegram Premium, you will get additional features. Telegram is compatible with only smartphones and desktops.
In this guide, you will learn how to sideload the Telegram app on your Android TV. We have also included a separate guide for how to get Tevegram, an unofficial Telegram client, on your TV.
How to Get Telegram on Android TV
Before getting the app, sign up for Telegram and create a new account.
1. Turn On your Android TV and hit the Apps tab on the home screen.
2. Look for the Play Store app and select it.
3. Hit the search box and type Downloader using the virtual keyboard.
4. Select the Downloader app from the search suggestions and hit Install to download the app on Android TV.
5. After installing the Downloader app, go to Settings and Click Device Preferences.
6. Under Device preferences, select Security and Restrictions.
7. Now, select Unknown Sources. Next, click the toggle button near the Downloader app to enable it.
8. Then, launch the Downloader app on Android TV.
9. Type the Telegram Android TV APK link (https://bit.ly/9sKKrfM) in the URL box. Then, click Go.
10. On the app installation screen, hit the Install button to download the Telegram app on your TV.
11. Open the Telegram app after installation and sign in to your account to chat with your friends on a larger screen.
How to Install Tevegram on Android TV
1. Open the Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Search for the Tevegram app.
3. Select the app from the search results.
4. On the next screen, tap the Install button to get the app.
5. Then, tap the Open button to launch the app.
6. Sign in with your Telegram phone number and verify it using the OTP.
7. Then, choose a profile and chat with them directly from your TV.
If you want, you can use your smartphone to install the Tevegram app on your TV from the Play Store. If the Google account on your smartphone and Android TV are the same, you can use this method.
How to Access Telegram Web on Android TV
2. Choose your Country from the drop-down and enter the Phone number.
Note: You can easily sign in to the Telegram app by scanning the QR code. To do it, hit the option LOG IN BY QR CODE and scan the QR code using the Telegram app on your smartphone.
3. Click Next and enter the verification code to sign in to the app.
4. Once signed in, chat with your friends on a big screen.
How to Screen Mirror Telegram on Android TV
1. Connect your Android Smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the Play Store on your Android Phone and install the Telegram app.
3. After installation, open the Telegram app on your Android Phone.
4. Sign In to the Telegram account using your phone number.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and hit the Screen Cast option. Next, choose your Android TV device name to mirror the Android Phone screen.
6. Once the screen is mirrored, go to the app and enjoy chatting with your friends on Android TV.
How to Fix Telegram Not Working on Android TV
If the Telegram app is not working or if you can’t sideload or cast the Telegram app on your Android TV, refer to the below troubleshooting methods.
- Connect the Android TV to a WiFi.
- Close and relaunch the app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Telegram.
- Reboot your Android TV.
- If you have any trouble while screen mirroring, check whether the Android TV and Android Phone are connected to the same WiFi.
- Clear the cache on Android TV.
- Sideload the Telegram APK file using other tools like ES File Explorer.
- Update your Android TV firmware to the latest version.
Telegram is free to download and use.
Yes. You can use Telegram on multiple devices at the same time.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install NOW TV on Chromecast with Google TV
- How to Play GTA Vice City on Netflix
- Scary Skins For CS2 Players
- How to Install Vudu on Samsung Smart TV
- How Do Window Cleaning Robots Work?
- How to Update Sharp Smart TV Firmware [All Models]
- How to Watch Facebook Live Videos on Chromecast
- How to Install and Watch Freeview on Firestick
- The Most Popular Online Casino Games in Australia
- Navigating Regulatory Challenges: No KYC Crypto Payment Gateways