Telegram is one of the best messaging applications similar to WhatsApp. Apart from chatting, you can share media files with other Telegram users. It includes a subscription plan called Telegram Premium. By subscribing to Telegram Premium, you will get additional features. Telegram is compatible with only smartphones and desktops. If you use an Android TV, you can’t install Telegram from the Play Store. So, you must rely on the sideloading method to get Telegram on Android TV.
How to Get Telegram on Android TV
As Telegram is unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV, you need to install the app using Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn On your Android TV and hit the Apps tab on the home screen.
2. Look for the Play Store app and select it.
3. Hit the search box and type Downloader using the virtual keyboard.
4. Select the Downloader app from the search suggestions and hit Install to download the app on Android TV.
5. After installing the Downloader app, go to Settings and Click Device Preferences.
6. Under Device preferences, select Security and Restrictions.
7. Now, select Unknown Sources. Next, click the toggle button near the Downloader app to enable it.
8. Launch the Downloader app and type the Telegram APK link in the URL box. Then, click Go.
9. On the app installation screen, hit the Install button to download the Telegram app on your TV.
10. Open the Telegram app after installation and sign in to your account to chat with your friends on a larger screen.
How to Access Telegram Web on Android TV
2. Choose your Country from the drop-down and enter the Phone number.
Note: You can easily sign in to the Telegram app by scanning the QR code. To do it, hit the option LOG IN BY QR CODE and scan the QR code using the Telegram app on your smartphone.
3. Click Next and enter the verification code to sign in to the app.
4. Once signed in, chat with your friends on a big screen.
How to Screen Mirror Telegram on Android TV
1. Connect your Android Smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the Play Store on your Android Phone and install the Telegram app.
3. After installation, open the Telegram app on your Android Phone.
4. Sign In to the Telegram account using your phone number.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and hit the Screen Cast option. Next, choose your Android TV device name to mirror the Android Phone screen.
6. Once the screen is mirrored, go to the app and enjoy chatting with your friends on Android TV.
How to Fix Telegram Not Working on Android TV
If the Telegram app is not working or if you can’t sideload or cast the Telegram app on your Android TV, refer to the below troubleshooting methods.
- Connect the Android TV to a strong WiFi.
- Close and relaunch the app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Telegram.
- Reboot your Android TV.
- If you have any trouble while screen mirroring, check whether the Android TV and Android Phone are connected to the same WiFi.
- Clear the app cache on Android TV.
- Sideload the Telegram APK file using other tools like ES File Explorer.
- Update your Android TV firmware to the latest version.
Yes. You can sideload the Telegram APK file on your TV using Downloader.
Telegram is free to download and use.
Yes. You can use Telegram on multiple devices at the same time.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Connect Computer to Samsung Smart TV
- How to Block YouTube on Amazon Fire Tablet
- 11 Best Ways to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Sideload Mozilla Firefox on Google TV
- How to Connect Wii to Samsung Smart TV [5 Different Ways]
- How to Install SHOWTIME App on Samsung Smart TV
- Can I Get a Free Trial on Peacock TV?
- How to Clear Cache on Android Phone / Tablet [Possible Ways]
- How to Access Microsoft Teams on Apple TV
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Amazon Fire Tablet