- The Freeview app is available for Apple TV only in Australia. For other countries, you need to screen mirror the Freeview content on your Apple TV using your iPhone or Mac.
- Install the Freeview AU app: Open App Store → Search for Freeview AU → Select the app → Tap the Get button.
- Screen Mirror Using iPhone: Install Freeview on iPhone → Open the app → Play any video content → Go to Control Panel → Click the Screen Mirroring icon → Choose Apple TV.
You can download the Freeview app from the App Store on Apple TV 4K (tvOS 10.0 or later) if you are residing in Australia. If you have older Apple TV models or reside outside Australia, you can screen mirror the Freeview app from your iPhone or Mac.
Freeview is a streaming app that offers more than 80+ live TV channels and 30,000 hours of on-demand content in high quality. As the platform is available only in selected countries, you need to get an IPVanish VPN on Apple TV to access the Freeview app without any geo-restrictions.
In this article, you will learn how to install the Freeview app on your Apple TV. We have also included a separate guide on how to screen mirror the app.
How to Get Freeview AU on Apple TV
The Freeview AU is the Australian version of the Freeview platform. You can install the app directly from the App Store.
1. Turn On your Apple TV and navigate to the home screen.
2. Launch the App Store on Apple TV.
3. Hit the Search icon in the menu bar and type Freeview AU using the virtual keyboard.
4. Locate and click the Freeview AU app from the search results.
5. Click Get to download the app on your Apple TV.
6. Launch the Freeview app after installation and sign in to your Freeview account using the necessary login details.
7. After signing in, play any content on the Freeview Play app and watch it on your TV.
How to AirPlay Freeview on Apple TV
If you can’t find the Freeview app on the App Store, refer to the below steps to AirPlay the Freeview content on Apple TV.
Screen Mirror Freeview from iPhone / iPad
Before jumping into the steps, update the iPhone or iPad to iOS 13.0 or later. Then, connect the iPhone/iPad and Apple TV to the same WiFi.
1. Navigate to the App Store on the iPhone or iPad and install the Freeview app.
2. After installing the app, open it and log in to your account.
3. Swipe down the iOS screen from the top-right and select the Screen Mirroring icon on the Control Center.
4. Choose your Apple TV device name to mirror the iPhone or iPad screen.
5. Now, play your desired TV series and watch it on your Apple TV.
Screen Mirror Freeview from Mac
1. Connect your Apple TV and Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. From the Mac menu bar, tap the Control Center icon and select Screen Mirroring.
3. Choose your Apple TV from the drop-down menu.
4. Now, a password will be displayed on Apple TV. Enter the code on a pop-up window that appears on Mac.
5. Your Mac screen is now mirrored to your Apple TV.
6. Launch Safari on your Mac and go to the official website of Freeview.
7. Sign in to your Freeview account using the necessary login details.
8. After signing in, choose your desired video content on the website and watch it on your Apple TV.
How to Fix Freeview Not Working on Apple TV
Sometimes, the Freeview app does not open or load the content on Apple TV. If the Freeview app is not working, refer to the below fixes.
- Close the app and reopen it after a minute.
- Update the app on Apple TV.
- Check the Internet connection on Apple TV.
- Update the Apple TV to the latest version.
- Reboot your Apple TV.
- If none of the steps work, delete the app and reinstall it.
BBC iPlayer on AppleTV is the best alternative to Freeview.
Yes. Freeview allows you to access all the content for free.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Change Language on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Activate Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download and Activate NBC on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Get DAZN on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Listen to Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung TV Not Connecting to WiFi
- How to Enable & Use Sleep Timer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Bally Sports on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung Smart TV