Apple TV is a popular streaming device that lets you watch movies, TV shows, sporting events and much more on your TV via the internet. You can fulfil your streaming needs by installing some of the applications like Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, HBO GO, ESPN, iPlayer and many more. The latest version of Apple TV (Apple TV 4K) supports 4K Ultra HD and HDR video along with supporting 1080p HD videos. In this article, we will show how to download apps on all generations of Apple TV.
Related: How to install and use VPN on Apple TV?
How to Download Apps on Apple TV 4th and 5th Generation?
The fourth and fifth generation of Apple TV comes with inbuilt App Store to download the applications.
#1: Launch your Apple TV and open App Store.
#2: Select the App that you want to install. You can use the search bar to locate your application.
#3: Click Get to start the installation process. (If it is a paid application, the actual price of the application will appear in the icon. Click the icon -> Click Buy -> go through the payment process).
#4: After installation, you can launch the app from the main screen.
How to Download Apps on Apple TV 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation?
Unlike the newer models, users with Apple TV 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation cannot download any application on their device. Because Apple 3rd generation and earlier don’t have an inbuilt app store to download the third-party applications. Hence, you can use the applications that are pre-installed on those streaming devices.
Download Apps on Apple TV via Jailbreaking
By Jailbreaking your Apple TV, you can remove the restrictions made by Apple, and you can modify your Apple TV to install all kind of applications without any hassle. Jailbreaking is the process of converting Apple’s OS to the system which lets you download the apps that are restricted by Apple. But, you should aware of the fact that jailbreaking your Apple TV will remove all the security features associated with your Apple TV.
If you’re interested in Jailbreaking your Apple TV to install third-party apps, check out our dedicated article on how to Jailbreak Apple TV?
How to Uninstall/Delete Apps on Apple TV?
Uninstalling or deleting Apps from Apple TV is very simple. You can delete the app directly from home screen or you can use the pre-loaded settings app to remove the applications from Apple TV.
From home screen:
- Select the application that you want to delete.
- Open Wiggle mode by holding the touch surface on your Apple TV remote.
- Press the Play/Pause button.
- Select and click the Delete menu.
Using Settings app:
- Open Settings.
- Select General Settings.
- Scroll down and select Manage Storage.
- Scroll down to the application that you want to delete.
- Click the trash icon located next to the application name.
- Click Delete to confirm the process.
Related: How to Add channels to Roku?
These are the steps required to download/delete apps from Apple TV. If you’re a 1st or 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV user, we recommend you to buy Apple TV 4 or Apple TV 4K to access the popular streaming applications.
Thank you for visiting Techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback, feel free to leave a comment below.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install Crunchyroll on PS4 & PS3 
- How to Download and Install SGTV Kodi Addon 
- How to Add and Stream TSN on Roku
- How to Update Peacock TV on Amazon Firestick
- How to Cancel Fitbit Premium Subscription [7 Ways]
- How to Install and Watch DAZN on Firestick [2 Easy Ways]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Wikipedia [App & Website]
- Inside The Delicate Art of Ransomware Negotiations
- How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail