HGTV (Home and Garden Television) is an American TV channel owned by Warner Bros. Discovery. This channel offers various content on interior design, home decor, real estate, and remodeling for lifestyle improvement. To watch HGTV, you must get a subscription to the supported TV provider. If you are using Apple TV with tvOS 13.0 or a later version, you can download the HGTV app from the App Store on Apple TV. Users with older Apple TV models can use the screen mirroring method to watch HGTV videos on Apple TV.
Note: HGTV is a geo-restricted service, and it is available only in the US. If you reside in a country where HGTV is unavailable, install and set up a VPN on Apple TV.
How to Install HGTV on Apple TV
#1. Open App Store on your Apple TV.
#2. Click on the Search icon that appears on the screen.
#3. Using the on-screen keyboard, type HGTV GO and select the app from the suggestion list.
#4. On the App info page, click the Get button to install the app on your Apple TV.
How to Activate HGTV GO on Apple TV
#1. Once installed, launch the HGTV GO app.
#2. You will find an activation code on the app interface.
#3. Visit the website watch.hgtv.com/activate from a browser on your PC.
#4. Enter the activation code in the respective box and click the Activate button.
#5. Pick up your TV provider and enter the necessary login credentials.
#6. Now you can stream HGTV shows on your AppleTV.
Alternative Method to Watch HGTV on Apple TV
For old-generation Apple TVs, you cannot directly download HGTV. In such cases, you can mirror the iPhone screen to watch HGTV videos on Apple TV.
#1. Ensure that your iOS and Apple TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
#2. Download HGTV GO on your iPhone/iPad from the App Store.
#3. Launch the HGTV Go app once the installation is complete.
#4. Go to the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
#5. From the list, select your Apple TV.
#6. Within seconds, you will be able to see the iOS device screen on Apple TV.
#7. Launch the HGTV GO app and log in to your account.
#8. Play any content on the HGTV mobile app and watch it on your tvOS.
Features of HGTV:
The salient features of HGTV are listed below.
- HGTV GO app includes a live schedule guide for upcoming and ongoing programs.
- It includes thousands of live and on-demand videos.
- HGTV classifies videos into different categories based on their genres like Natural, History, Science, Tech, Food, Home, etc.
- You can add your desired TV shows to My List and access them later anytime.
- Most of the videos on HGTV have subtitles support.
- This application is free to access with your Pay TV subscription.
- HGTV GO is a Chromecast-compatible app.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You cannot watch HGTV outside the US. If you wish to unblock the geo-restriction, use a VPN.
Philo is the cheapest way to stream HGTV. The monthly subscription price of Philo is $25.
- How to Get and Activate AMC on Apple TV
- How to Install Tennis Channel on Apple TV
- How to Get PBS KIDS on Apple TV
- How to Add and Activate NBC Sports on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate CNBC on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate HGTV on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate TBS on Apple TV
- How to Get Zoom Meeting on Apple TV