Hulu is a premium live TV and on-demand content streaming service supported on various devices, including Apple TV. You can install the Hulu app on Apple TVs from the App Store. Based on your subscription plan, you will be able to stream over 90 live TV channels and on-demand movies and TV shows. The base on-demand plan costs $7.99/month, and the base live TV plan costs $75.99/month. You can sign up for a subscription on their official website, and you will get a 30-day free trial if you are a first-time subscriber.
How to Install Hulu on Apple TV
1. Switch ON your Apple TV and connect it to WiFi.
2. Go to the App Store from the Apple TV home screen.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Tap the Search bar and enter Hulu.
4. Select the Hulu app and tap Get to install the app on Apple TV.
5. Once installed, launch it to activate the Hulu app.
How to Activate Hulu on Apple TV
1. Open the Hulu app and tap Log In.
2. Tap Activate on a Computer, and your TV screen will display an Activation code.
3. From your Smartphone/PC’s web browser, go to Hulu’s activation site (hulu.com/activate).
4. Login with your Hulu account credentials.
5. Enter the exact code displayed on your TV.
6. Click Activate. Now, the app is activated on your Apple TV.
7. Relaunch the app and enjoy streaming the local channels on Apple TV.
How to AirPlay Hulu on Apple TV
If your Apple TV doesn’t have an App Store, you can use Hulu’s app on iPhone or iPad or its official website on Mac to AirPlay its content to Apple TVs. Before proceeding with the steps, turn On AirPlay on your Apple TV.
AirPlay Hulu from iPhone or iPad
1. Connect your Apple TV and iPhone/iPad to the same WiFi connection.
2. Get the Hulu app from the App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
3. Launch and Sign in with your Hulu subscription account details.
4. Play any content and hit the AirPlay icon at the top of the screen.
5. Tap your Apple TV in the shown list to connect.
6. The Hulu video will be displayed on your Apple TV screen.
AirPlay Hulu from Mac
1. Open a browser on a Mac and visit Hulu’s official website [https://www.hulu.com/].
2. Sign in to your Hulu subscription account on the website.
3. Select and play content you would like to AirPlay to your Apple TV.
4. Click on the Control Center icon and click on Screen Mirroring.
5. Select your Apple TV, and your Mac screen will AirPlay to your TV within a few seconds.
How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Apple TV
You might have faced issues like a frozen screen, buffering, a black screen, or being unable to locate your device while casting Hulu. You can fix these issues with the below troubleshooting steps.
- Connect the Apple TV to a stable Wi-Fi.
- Delete the app on Apple TV and re-install it.
- Restart Apple TV.
- Update the Hulu app on your TV.
- Update the Apple TV to the latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are a new user, you can get Hulu’s 30-day free trial to watch its content freely on your Apple TV.
To cancel your Hulu subscription, navigate to Settings → select Users and Account → Account name → Subscriptions → select Hulu subscription → Cancel your subscription.
No. You cannot install the Hulu app on 1st and 2nd gen Apple TVs. However, you can AirPlay Hulu’s content from your iPhone or Mac.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.