MTV is an American Live TV channel formerly known as VH1 Smooth, VH1 Classic, and VH1 Classic Rock. The MTV channel is one of the many channels that are owned by the ViacomCBS Network. It mainly features music videos from the 1980s to 2010 in all genres. Moreover, you can get various old MTV series. In addition, MTV offers a wide variety of channels like MTV, MTVU, MTV2, etc. You can stream all these channels with the official MTV app. Now let us find out about streaming MTV if you have an Amazon Firestick.
You can stream all MTV channels with the MTV app, which includes MTV Classic. You can watch MTV Classic on Firestick or any other streaming device. Follow the steps below to get and activate MTV on your Firestick. If you aren’t okay with the way suggested, you can switch to the alternative way suggested.
Why you need a VPN
While Streaming online, your IP will be exposed easily. Hence ISPs (Internet Service Providers), app developers, government agencies and hackers can track your online activities with ease. At the end of the day, you may face some legal problems if you have streamed any copyrighted contents. To avoid these problems, we recommend you to use VPN (Virtual Private Network). A good VPN lets you hide your real identity by switching your IP to different locations. On the other hand, VPN is also helpful in accessing the media that are geo-restricted. Some of the apps/services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and more are geo-restricted in certain countries. To bypass those restrictions, you need to install a VPN on your device.
After trying out several free and paid VPN services, we recommend you to use NordVPN. It is regarded as the best VPN to safeguard your privacy. While purchasing the NordVPN, make sure to select the annual plans rather than selecting the monthly plans. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount + 3 months free.
MTV on Firestick
(1) Boot up your Amazon Firestick and make sure that it is connected to the internet.
(2) To search any app, click on the Find menu and tap the Search option.
(3) Type MTV or use the Alexa voice control to search for the MTV app. Just press the voice button on the remote and say MTV.
(4) Select the MTV app from the search results.
(5) On the app info screen, click on the Download or Get button.
(6) Click Open to launch the app.
(7) Choose Sign in, and an activation code will appear on the screen.
(8) Go to https://www.mtv.com/activate.
(9) Enter the activation code and click Continue.
(10) Sign in with the username and password you received from the service provider.
(11) Now, close the app on your Firestick and relaunch it.
(12) Search for the MTV show you want and watch it on the bigger screens.
Alternative Way to Stream MTV on Firestick Using Browser
(1) Click the Find option on the Amazon Firestick home screen.
(2) On the search screen, type Silk Browser and select the app from the search results.
(3) On the app info screen, click on the Download button.
(4) Click Open to launch the Silk Browser on your Firestick.
(5) On the Silk Browser address bar, type mtv.com.
(6) Click the three horizontal line menu bar on the left side and choose Watch Live TV.
(7) On the next screen, choose your Service provider.
(8) And then log in with your username and password.
(9) Now, stream the channel you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the options to stream MTV on Firestick without Cable?
2. Is there any subscription plan available for MTV?
Now, there are no separate subscription plans for MTV as of now. Instead, you can sign in with your cable or satellite TV service provider in order to stream MTV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- What are the Trends of Forex Trading in 2021?
- How to Find IP Address on iPhone [All Models]
- How to Change Passcode on iPhone [All Models]
- Financial Tips Every Business Owner Should Hear
- How to Archive Instagram Posts, Videos, Chats & Reels
- Top Ranking Casino Slots Software Providers
- How to Connect Roku to New WiFi Without Remote
- How to Watch MLB [Major League Baseball] on Roku
- Most Popular Game Categories In iTunes
- Tips for Fixing Common Roku Problems