- BBC iPlayer is available on the Google Play Store of Android TV.
- Once installed, you must visit the BBC iPlayer activation website to activate the app on your Android TV.
- You can also install the app on your smartphone (Play Store | App Store) and cast the content on your TV.
- People outside the UK can sideload the BBC iPlayer APK (https://urlsrt.io/BBC-iPlayer) using the Downloader app.
BBC iPlayer is a free streaming app available only for UK residents. Luckily, the BBC iPlayer app is officially available for Android TVs from different brands like Sony, Panasonic, and Philips. You can install the app from the built-in Play Store and stream the video content by activating it with your user account. If you aren’t able to install the app due to storage issues, you can cast it from Android and iPhone.
The BBC iPlayer application is entirely free, and users can watch all its content without any subscription fee. This guide will explain the possible ways to get and stream BBC iPlayer on your Android TV.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Android TV
1. On your Android TV, go to the Apps section.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. From the Apps section, tap the Google Play Store app.
3. Navigate to the Search button on the top. You will get the on-screen keyboard.
4. Enter BBC iPlayer and search for it.
5. Select the BBC iPlayer app and tap the Install button.
6. Once the installation is completed, tap the Open button to launch the app.
How to Activate BBC iPlayer on Android TV
As the app is free, you need to activate the BBC iPlayer app using your credentials. To do so,
1. When you open the app, you will get the Welcome screen. Click the Sign In button.
2. You will get the 6-digit activation code. Note down the code.
3. Now, go to the BBC iPlayer activation website (www.bbc.com/account/tv) using your PC or smartphone.
4. Enter the activation code and click the Sign In on your TV button.
5. When it is done, you need to confirm your BBC iPlayer credentials. Sign in with your BBC iPlayer account.
6. After that, you will get the confirmation screen. Now, on your Android TV, the app will be activated.
7. Click the Continue button to start streaming BBC videos on your TV.
How to Cast BBC iPlayer on Android TV
1. Instal the BBC iPlayer app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Then, connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi.
3. Open the BBC iPlayer app and sign in with your account.
4. Then, play any video content from the app. On the Playback screen, tap the Cast icon to Chromecast the BBC iPlayer app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Now, the video content from the app will appear on your TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and click the Disconnect button.
How to Sideload BBC iPlayer on Android TV
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Then, open the Settings menu on your TV.
3. On the Settings menu, choose the Device Preferences menu.
4. Tap the Security & Restrictions option on the next screen.
5. Now, click the Unknown Sources option and choose the Install Unknown Apps feature.
6. You will get a list of apps. Select the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
7. Now, open the Downloader app and click Allow if any prompts appear.
8. In the Search bar, enter the BBC iPlayer APK link (https://urlsrt.io/BBC-iPlayer) and click the GO button.
9. Download the APK file and click the Install button.
10. Then, return to the home screen and launch a VPN on your Firestick to connect with the UK server.
11. Now, launch the BBC iPlayer app and stream your favorite British shows on your big screen.
To stream BBC iPlayer outside the UK, you need to use a VPN. We recommend using any of the best VPNs for BBC iPlayer.
The BBC iPlayer may not work on your TV due to the unstable network connection, outdated app, unknown bugs on the app, or software glitches on your TV.
The BBC iPlayer will be freezing due to the overloaded cache. So you can try clearing the cache on your Android TV and the app. If it does not fix the frozen app, restart your Android TV to fix the issue.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.