- Game Mode is available on 2014 and above Samsung Smart TV models.
- Turn on Game Mode Automatically: If you connect a gaming console like PS5 or Xbox to your Samsung TV, the Game Mode will be enabled.
- Turn on Game Mode Manually: Open Settings → Go to All Settings → Select Connection → Choose Game Mode Settings → Turn On.
You can enable Game Mode on your Samsung Smart TVs from 2014 and above modes. With the Game Mode, you can play games in better quality. In the latest models of Samsung Smart TV, the Game Mode gets activated by connecting the gaming console to your TV.
Game Mode lets you play high-end games (PC and console games) with ease. The mode offers a clean gaming experience without stutter or motion blur. In some models of Samsung Smart TVs, you can customize the Game Mode Settings to get a better video quality.
In this article, we will let you know how to turn on the Game Mode on all your Samsung Smart TV models.
How to Enable Game Mode on Samsung TV [2022 and 2023 Models]
The steps required to enable the Game Mode differ by the TV model. Pick a method that suits your TV models from the steps given below.
1. Turn on your Samsung TV and press the Home Button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Click on the Menu icon.
3. Now, select the Settings icon and click on All Settings.
4. Select Connection from the Settings page.
5. Choose the Game Mode Settings.
6. Click on Game Mode and turn it on.
1. Press the Home Button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Click on the Settings icon from the home page.
3. Now, select General Settings and click on External Device Manager.
4. Scroll down and select Game Mode Settings.
5. Click on Game Mode and turn it on.
1. Go to Settings on your TV home screen.
2. Select the Picture option and choose Specia Viewing Mode.
3. Click on the Game Mode from the list of options.
2014 and 2015 Models
1. On the home screen, choose the System menu.
2. Select the General option from the System menu.
3. Navigate to the Game Mode and turn on the toggle.
Game Mode Settings on Samsung TV
When you enable the Game Mode feature, you can customize other Game Mode Settings to enhance the gameplay.
Turn On Input Signal Plus
With the Input Signal Plus feature, you can access the HDMI 2.1 features. The Input Singal Plus will be enabled automatically when connecting the PS5 console to your Samsung TV. You can also enable it manually using the below steps.
1. Head to Settings on your TV Home screen.
2. Click on General and choose External Device Manager.
3. Tap on Input Signal Plus and select the HDMI Port to which you have connected your gaming device.
With HDMI 2.1, you will get features like Fixed Rate Link (FRL) to get uncompressed resolutions and Display Stream Compression (DSC) to get faster refresh rates. When you connect a PC to your Samsung TV, the Input Signal Plus will turn on automatically.
Game Motion Plus
Game Motion Plus will enhance the graphics on your TV by inserting the frames in between the images.
1. Go to Settings on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Click General and select the External Device Manager option.
3. Tap on Game Mode Settings and choose Game Motion Plus.
4. Adjust the settings according to your requirements and access it on your Samsung TV.
Based on your Samsung TV models, you will get different customization options in the Game Mode. Also, you can connect your TV to a Samsung Soundbar using HDMI or Optical cable for good sound quality. You can customize those settings based on your preferences.
- Game Motion Plus – This will enhance the clarity of fast-moving images. For role-playing and adventure games, turn on this feature for a better gaming experience.
- Blur Reduction – As with the name, this will reduce the blurriness in images.
- Judder Reduction – This will ease uneven visual processing by reducing the vibrations.
- LED Clear Motion – Sharpen the fast-moving images by customizing the LED backlight.
If any of these features are missing on your TV, you need to update your Samsung Smart TV firmware to its latest version.
How to Turn Off Game Mode on Samsung Smart TV
When you are done with the gaming, you can disable the Game Mode. This will reduce the TV’s processing load and expand its lifetime.
1. Open the Settings menu and go to the Game Mode Settings.
2. Tap the Game Mode and turn off the feature.
Game Mode on Samsung TV – Pros & Cons
Game Mode is applicable only for gaming purposes. The games available on the Smart Hub Store don’t need the Game Mode feature. You can play those games in the normal mode.
When you watch a movie or series on your TV with the Game Mode, you will experience some blurriness on the video, especially on the slow-moving objects with long-exposure shots. So, before enabling the Game Mode, consider the below-mentioned advantages and disadvantages.
|When Game Mode is enabled, both the Picture and Sound settings will be tuned to game-preferred settings.||Game Mode works only on HDMI 4|
|When you connect a gaming console to your TV, Game Mode will be enabled automatically.||When using streaming apps with Game Mode, the video will look shaky.|
|If you connect an external device like soundbars using the same HDMI 4 input, the Game Mode will be activated automatically.|
Game Mode Not Available on Samsung TV
If you can’t turn on the Game Mode on your Samsung TV, there is only one reason. The gaming console is not connected to the HDMI 4 port. To use the 4K at 120Hz feature, you would need to connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI Port 4 on your Samsung TV.
In Samsung Smart TVs, you have four HDMI ports. Among those four, only one port is HDMI 4. While connecting the gaming console, make sure you use port 4. In general, the HDMI 4 port will have the 4-label or the gaming controller icon. You can also change the Resolution on your Samsung Smart TV to play your favorite games in better quality.
Samsung Gaming Hub
Samsung Gaming Hub is available only on the 2022 and 2023 model TVs. Using Samsung Gaming Hub, you can play many games from Nvidia GeForce NOW, Amazon Luna, Anstream Arcade, Xbox, Utomik, and Blacknut Cloud Gaming. You can directly subscribe to any game-stream provider or log in using your details and play games by connecting the gaming controllers to your Samsung TV. Using the Gaming Hub, you can also access Twitch on Samsung Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is due to the overheating issues. If you play games for a long time on your TV, it will automatically be turned off. To fix this issue, turn off your TV for 10-15 minutes and access it again.
This issue is caused by minor bugs on your TV. Reboot your Samsung TV to fix the issue.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- 600+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URLs [Updated September 2023]
- How to Enable and Use AirPlay on Samsung Smart TV
- IPTV Prime: Stream 58,000+ TV Channels and 97,000+ VODs in 4K Quality
- How to Get Intelius Free Trial for 5-7 Days
- How to Take Screenshot on LG Smart TV
- How to Get 14-Day Free Trial on Zwift
- How to Install Eurosport Player Kodi Addon
- IPTV Plus – Stream 11000+ Channels & 30000+ VOD Content at €18.99
- How to Get and Access Kodi on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Watch MLB 2023 on PS5