- To Cast VLC Media Player from Android: Download the VLC app → Start playing any video → Tap the Cast icon → Choose your Samsung TV → Stream content on TV.
- To AirPlay VLC Media Player from iPhone: Turn on AirPlay on TV → Download the VLC app on your iPhone → Choose any video in the app → Tap the AirPlay icon in the app → Select your Samsung TV → Watch VLC media on your TV.
- To Get VLC on Samsung TV Using Firestick: Insert the Firestick into the TV → Click the Find icon → Search for VLC for Fire → Tap Get.
- To Screen Mirror VLC on Samsung TV Using the SmartThings App: Install the SmartThings app → Pair the app with the TV to get a virtual TV remote interface → Tap the three-dotted icon → Hit the Mirror Screen (Smart View) option → Play any video on VLC → Watch VLC videos on TV.
VLC Media Player is a user-friendly player that supports multiple video and audio formats. I have installed VLC on all my devices. But when it comes to Samsung TV, I couldn’t install it as VLC is not available in the Smart Hub. However, you can get VLC on Samsung Smart TV by casting the app from your phone.
Alternatively, you can connect a Firestick device to your Samsung TV and install the app from the Amazon App Store. In this article, I have discussed all the possible ways to get the VLC app on Samsung TV.
How to Cast VLC Media Player on Samsung TV from Android Phone
The latest Samsung Smart TVs have built-in Chromecast support to cast the content. If you have an older Samsung TV that doesn’t have Chromecast support, ensure to connect a Chromecast dongle and then cast the VLC app on your TV.
1. Connect your smartphone and the Samsung TV to the same WIFI network.
2. Download the VLC app on your smartphone.
3. Open the VLC app and start playing any media content.
Note: If you can’t find the Cast icon on the VLC app, swipe down to access the Notification Panel on the phone and hit the Cast icon.
4. Tap the Cast icon shown on the playback control screen.
5. From the menu, choose your Samsung TV from the list of available devices.
Now, the video that plays on the VLC app of your smartphone will be displayed on your Samsung TV.
How to AirPlay VLC Media Player on Samsung TV from iPhone / iPad
To AirPlay the VLC app on your Samsung TV, you must enable the AirPlay option on your Samsung TV. To enable it, refer to the steps below.
On your Samsung TV, navigate to Settings → General → Apple AirPlay Settings → Turn On AirPlay.
1. Ensure your TV and the iPhone are connected to the same WIFI network.
2. Download the VLC app on your iPhone from the App Store.
3. After installing the VLC app, open the app and start playing any video on your iPhone.
4. On the playback screen, tap the AirPlay icon at the top-right corner of the app.
Note: If you cannot find the AirPlay icon on the app, go to the Control Center on your iPhone and tap the Screen Mirroring icon to AirPlay VLC on your TV.
5. Now, choose your Samsung TV from the list of available devices. Now, the video playing on the VLC app will appear on your Samsung TV.
How to Get VLC on Samsung Smart TV using Firestick
If you have an Amazon Firestick, connect it to your Samsung TV and install the app from the Amazon App Store.
1. Connect the Samsung TV to a standard WIFI network.
2. Insert the Firestick into the Samsung TV and set it up.
3. Click the Find icon on the homepage.
4. Search for VLC for Fire on the App Store.
5. Once you find the VLC app, select it and click the Get button to install the app on your TV.
After downloading the VLC app, you can watch the videos using the app on your TV.
Note: You can also get the VLC app on your TV using other streaming devices like Chromecast with Google TV, TiVo Stream 4K, Nvidia Shield, etc.
How to Screen Mirror VLC on Samsung TV using the SmartThings App
You can also cast the VLC Media Player on your Samsung Smart TV with the help of the SmartThings app. Follow the steps below to screen mirror VLC on your TV.
1. Ensure the smartphone and the TV are connected to the same WIFI network.
2. Install the SmartThings app on your smartphone. Then, launch the app and log in to your account.
3. Next, Click the + icon at the top-right corner and hit Add Device.
4. Click the Scan button and choose your Samsung TV.
5. Now, connect the app to your Samsung TV by following the on-screen instructions.
6. After doing so, you will get the virtual Samsung TV remote interface to control your TV. Tap the three-dotted icon on the screen.
7. Now, choose the Mirror Screen (Smart View) option shown below.
8. Tap the Allow button to mirror your smartphone screen on your Samsung TV.
9. Finally, launch the VLC app on your smartphone and start playing any video on it.
Now, you can watch the videos on your Samsung Smart TV.
No, you can’t install VLC on Samsung Tizen OS TVs.
Yes. VLC is completely ad-free.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Change Language on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Activate Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download and Activate NBC on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Get DAZN on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Listen to Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung TV Not Connecting to WiFi
- How to Enable & Use Sleep Timer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Bally Sports on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung Smart TV