VLC Media Player is one of the most used video player across the world. All computer users might have used VLC at least once in their lifetime. The features of VLC is that it is completely free and an Open source software which can be used across multiple platforms. It is available for almost all platforms which includes Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, Fire TV Stick and much more. You can install VLC directly on Amazon Fire Stick. Let us discuss more on VLC for Firestick along with the installation steps and features in this post.
Features of VLC for Firestick
Here are the top features of using VLC on Amazon Firestick:
- VLC is a free open source media player.
- It manages your local media perfectly. You can see movies, play audios and stream online videos as well.
- VLC is also one of the best IPTV players.
- You can stream movies through links as well.
- It also allows you to play videos from other apps.
You may also like: How to install Now TV On Firestick?
How to install VLC on Firestick?
The VLC media player is available on the Amazon app store. Hence, you can easily install it on your Firestick. Here are the steps required to install VLC on Firestick:
#1: Go to “Search” tab of Amazon Fire TV Stick.
#2: Enter VLC and click on the below results.
#3: The “VLC for Fire” app will appear along with other resultant apps. Click on the VLC app.
#4: The VLC for Fire app page will open. Click “Get” button.
#5: The app will start downloading now.
#6: Once downloaded, the app will automatically start installing.
#7: Click “Open” once the app gets installed.
#8: VLC media player will now open on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
#9: For audios, click on the audio button and navigate on the side to listen to your favorite song on VLC.
#10: To stream contents, go to “Browsing” and navigate to the “Stream” button.
#11: Now enter the streaming URL, to stream videos using VLC for Firestick.
These are the steps needed to install VLC on Amazon Firestick.
You may also like: Install Google Photos on Firestick
By installing VLC on Firestick, you can enjoy watching your favorite movies through the most famous app. VLC allows you to manage local files and play online videos easily. Hence, this app will be the best app for Firestick. The same procedure applies for Firestick 4k, 2nd Gen and 1st Gen as well.
Thank You for reading this post. Visit www.techfollows.com for more tech tips and tricks. Comment your queries and feedback in the below section.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Change the Homepage in Firefox
- How to Enable Cookies in Firefox Browser
- How to Change Download Location in Google Chrome
- How to Install Brave on Linux [All Distros]
- How to Remove Yahoo Search from Safari [Mac]
- How to Translate WebPages in Safari Browser
- How to Change Homepage in Safari Browser
- How to Set Brave as Default Browser [PC & Smartphone]
- How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari Browser
- How to Recover Deleted History on Chrome