Most Xbox One games are designed to play with the Xbox One controller. But some games on the Xbox One can be played with the keyboard and mouse with the support provided by the developers. You can use the keyboard or mouse as an alternative if the Xbox One controller doesn’t turn On or work properly. You can easily connect the keyboard and mouse to the USB port on Xbox One console.
How to Connect Keyboard or Mouse to Xbox One
1. Take the USB cable attached to the Mouse or Keyboard.
2. Then, connect the USB cable to the USB port available on your Xbox One console. You can also use any third-party USB hub to connect the devices.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. After connecting the keyboard, the Xbox One will automatically recognize the keyboard.
4. Now, you can start playing the games on Xbox One with the keyboard and mouse. Make sure to connect the Xbox One to stable WiFi to play the games without any issues.
After connecting the keyboard, check whether it is working or not by selecting or navigating to different options.
To check whether the mouse is connected successfully,
5. Navigate to the Xbox One Settings.
6. Select the Device & Connections option.
7. If you can see the option Mouse, this indicates that the mouse is connected to the Xbox One. Select the option Mouse to customize the mouse settings.
If the Xbox One console doesn’t recognize the keyboard or mouse, you need to reboot the Xbox One console. After restarting, connect the devices again and check them. If the issues persist, check for the console update and update the Xbox One to the latest version.
Alternative Way to Play Xbox One Games with Keyboard and Mouse
You can use a third-party product like XIM Apex Controller Adapter to play any game on Xbox One with a keyboard and mouse. By connecting the Apex adapter to the console, the Xbox One console recognizes the keyboard and mouse as an Xbox One Controller.
1. Ensure you are using the latest firmware on the adapter.
2. Then, connect the XIM Apex Controller Adapter to the USB port on Xbox One.
3. Finally, connect the Keyboard or mouse to the adapter.
4. Now, use the keyboard and mouse to play all the Xbox One games.
Xbox One Games Compatible with Mouse and Keyboard
Xbox One games that support playing games with a keyboard and mouse are listed below.
- Bomber crew
- Gears of War 5
- The SIMS 4
- Surviving Mars
- Ark: Survival Evolved
- War Thunder
- Strange Brigade
- GTA 5
- Subnautica, etc.
If you are going to use the keyboard and mouse on the console for a longer period of time, you can connect the Xbox One controller to the iPhone. Leaving the controller in an idle state will affect its lifetime.
The Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are not compatible with the Xbox One console.
No, Overwatch doesn’t support the keyboard and mouse on Xbox One.
Yes. Some games like Pubg, Rainbow Six Seige, Apex Legends, and Destiny 2 restrict gameplay using a keyboard and mouse.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.