- The ESPN app is compatible with the Chromecast.
- Using Smartphone: Install ESPN on your smartphone → Open the app → Click the Cast icon → Choose Chromecast.
- Using PC: Go to the ESPN website on Chrome browser → Play any video → Click the Cast icon → Choose Chromecast.
The ESPN app for smartphones offers built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast live matches or any video content from the app to your Chromecast-connected TV.
ESPN app offers all the score updates from every sport around the world for free. To watch live sports matches and ESPN originals, you need to buy the ESPN+ subscription. You can also use your cable TV or live TV provider credentials to access the ESPN+ content. The Chromecast feature is available for both free and ESPN+ users.
In this guide, you will learn how to cast the ESPN app to your TV using a smartphone and PC. Before getting into the article, read the checklist and meet the requirements.
How to Watch ESPN on Chromecast from Smartphones
2. Launch the app and sign in with your account credentials.
3. Click on the video that you would like to watch on your TV and tap the Cast icon in the media player.
4. Choose the Chromecast device on the next screen to connect it to your phone.
5. The video playing on the ESPN app will stream on your Chromecast-connected TV.
6. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and click the Disconnect button.
How to Chromecast ESPN Using PCs
For PCs, you can cast the ESPN website using Chrome or Edge browser.
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac and go to the ESPN official website.
2. Play the content that you wish to stream on your TV.
3. Tap the Chromecast icon located at the bottom of the video player. Alternatively, click on the Menu (three-dot icon) on the Chrome browser and choose the Cast option.
4. Select your Chromecast-connected TV or Chromecast device from the list.
5. Once connected, you can stream the live sports event on your TV.
6. To stop the casting, you can close the Chrome browser or close the ESPN tab.
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your PC. Make sure that the Edge browser is updated.
2. Then, go to the ESPN website and sign in with your account.
3. Click the Three-dotted icon on the top right corner of the screen.
4. From the list of options, choose the More Tools option.
5. Click the Cast Media to Device feature on the browser.
6. Now, the browser will search for nearby Chromecast devices. When detected, tap on it.
7. Then, play any video content on the ESPN website. It will appear on your TV via Chromecast.
8. To stop the casting, click the Cast icon on the Extension bar and disconnect the Chromecast device.
How to Fix ESPN Not Working on Chromecast
If you face any issues like a black screen, buffering, or no audio while casting the ESPN on your Chromecast, follow the below troubleshooting steps.
- First, check whether you have connected your casting device (smartphone or PC) and the Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
- If the network is unstable, switch to another stable network or restart your WiFi router.
- Unplug the Chromecast device from your TV and plug it in back after 2-3 minutes.
- Update your Chromecast device.
- Restart your Chromecast device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the ESPN app on your smartphone.
- If nothing works, reset the Chromecast.
ESPN+ Subscription Plans
The plan and pricing of the ESPN+ subscription are listed below. We suggest you choose the Annual plan, where you can save up to 15% compared to the monthly plan. You can subscribe to ESPN+ on the official ESPN website.
Apart from the subscription, you can also use live TV providers like YouTube TV or fuboTV or cable TV providers DirecTV and DISH to access the ESPN+ content.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, currently, ESPN does not offer any free trial.
Yes, you can use the ESPN app on Chromecast with Google TV from the integrated Play Store.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Vision IPTV: Watch 8500+ Channels and 85,000+ Video On Demand for $7.22
- How to Watch UEFA Champions League 2023-24 on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Reset Samsung Smart TV Remote for All Models
- How to Watch LaLiga on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Live Stream LaLiga on LG Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch NFL on PS5
- How to Stream NFL Game Pass on Chromecast
- How to Add and Watch NFL on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Live Stream MLB 2023 on Firestick
- How to Watch MLB 2023 [Major League Baseball] on Roku