Google recently launched a streaming device named “Chromecast with Google TV.” Unlike the older versions, it includes an intuitive UI and supports downloading apps within the device. IPTV is the best alternative to stream various live TV channels without cable support. There are various IPTV providers out there. You have to choose the one that suits you. Most of the IPTV apps are available on the Google TV Store. If not, you can also sideload them with the apk file. Another way to stream IPTV is by casting it from your smartphone. All the possible ways to stream IPTV on Google TV have been discussed in this guide.
How to Watch IPTV on Chromecast with Google TV
There are so many IPTV players out there in the market. Here, we are going to use GSE Smart IPTV, the popular IPTV player officially available for Google TV.
1. Launch your Chromecast with Google TV and hover to the Apps section from the home screen. Or click on the Search option.
2. Browse for the GSE Smart IPTV under Video Players and Editors category or click on the Search for Apps menu and type the IPTV name.
3. Select the GSE Smart IPTV app from the list of search results.
4. Click on the Install button on the app information screen.
5. The app will be installed on your Google TV device.
6. Launch the app and allow permission for required things.
7. Choose the login method and configure your login credentials to start streaming the IPTV contents.
Sideload IPTV on Chromecast with Google TV
If the desired IPTV player is not on the Google TV store, you can sideload the app on Google TV.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Chromecast with Google TV.
2. Enable developer mode: click on the profile icon, Settings > System > About > click continuously on Android TV OS Builder until you see the “You are now a developer” message on the screen.
3. Go to Settings >Apps > Security and Restrictions > Unknown Sources. Now enable the toggle near the Downloader app.
4. Launch the Downloader app on Google TV and click on the URL field.
5. Type the apk URL of the IPTV Player you want to download and click on the Go button.
6. After downloading the IPTV apk file, click on Install to install it on your Google TV.
7. Tap Done after installing the app.
7. Launch the app and proceed with the login process to watch your favorite media content.
Cast IPTV on Chromecast with Google TV
The last method to watch IPTV on Google TV is casting it from your Android or iOS device. There are so many IPTV players available on Google Play Store, and App Store has built-in Chromecast support. By using it, you can cast IPTV contents directly from your Android or iPhone.
If the player lacks the built-in cast support, you can mirror your Android or iPhone screen on Google TV to watch the contents.
Thank you for visiting Techfollows. Do you want to share any information or queries related to this article? Mention them in the comments section. Follow our Facebook and Twitter guides to get updates about our tutorials.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Stream Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV
- How to Get Paramount Plus on Roku Devices
- How to Turn Off Chromecast [Possible Ways]
- How Has Technology Changed the Gaming Industry?
- How to Install and Watch HBO Max on Google TV
- How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription 
- 5 Apps for Car interacting to enjoy the Driving experience
- How to Log out of Netflix on Roku [All Models]
- Understanding the Benefits of Cutting the Cord
How to2 years ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV 
Apps1 month ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV4 months ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [January 2021]
FireStick1 year ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
Android9 months ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [January 2021]
How to10 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
Android9 months ago
How to Cast to Firestick using Android and Windows
How to10 months ago
How to Jailbreak Roku in 5 Minutes