- The Popcorn Time app is not available in the Play Store for Chromebook.
- So, you can sideload the Popcorn Time APK (https://urlsrt.io/Popcorn-Time) on your Chromebook to get the app.
Popcorn Time is a streaming application that lets you stream all popular movies and TV shows for free. The app is no longer available in the Play Store. However, you can download the Popcorn APK file to install the app on your Chromebook. With Popcorn Time, you can persistently download and stream movies listed by numerous torrent websites.
Through this guide, you will learn how to install the Popcorn Time app on a Chromebook using the sideloading method.
How to Get Popcorn Time on Chromebook
You can install the Popcorn Time app on your Laptop by installing the apk file. Before proceeding with the steps, you need to tweak some settings to install third-party apps like Popcorn Time.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. First of all, you need to Enable Developer Mode on Chromebook.
Note: Enabling Developer Mode will remove the security features associated with the Chromebook. So, think twice before enabling the option.
2. Then, navigate to Settings.
3. Click App Settings, located under the Android Apps menu.
4. On the next screen, select Security.
5. Now, look for the Device Administration menu and enable the Unknown sources by moving the slider.
6. After enabling the Unknown source, open Google Chrome and download the latest version of the Popcorn Time APK file (https://urlsrt.io/Popcorn-Time) from a reputed third-party website.
7. Now, run the downloaded file and go through the on-screen instructions to install the app.
8. After installation, launch the app from the home screen and stream your favorite movie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Once a popular free VOD content streaming app, Popcorn Time was shut down on January 5, 2022, due to lack of use.
Kodi or Plex on Chromebook are the best alternatives for Popcorn Time to watch free movies and TV shows.
Yes. You can sideload the Popcorn Time APK on Mac using the Bluestacks Android emulator.
If Popcorn is geo-blocked in your region, you can install and use the best VPN on your Chromebook to unblock the geo-restriction.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.