- The Twitch app is not available on the Roku Channel Store.
- You need to install the Twitch app using the Channel Code.
- You can also screen mirror the Twitch app using smartphones and PCs.
The Twitch app can’t be installed on Roku streaming devices and TVs. The app is not listed on the Roku Channel Store. However, you can use the Channel Code to install the app.
Twitch is one of the favorite applications for gamers. With the app, you can watch gameplay videos, upload your own videos, live stream videos, and more. In 2017, the Twitch app was removed from the Channel Store.
In this guide, you will learn about the alternate ways to get the Twitch app on Roku.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Get Twitch on Roku Using Channel Code
Using this method, you can install the Twitch application on your Roku device only if you have used it before.
1. Open the web browser on your mobile or PC and visit https://my.roku.com/. Enter your login credentials, click the Profile icon, and select My Account.
2. Under Manage Account, click Add channel with a code.
3. You will get the Add channel screen. In the Channel access code field, type TwitchTV (or twitchtv) and click Add channel. You can also use other codes like TWOKU or C6ZVZD.
4. Now, you will get a warning screen stating that the channel is not certified. Click OK.
5. In the confirmation screen, click Yes, add channel to get the channel on Roku.
6. Now, you will get the confirmation screen stating that the channel has been added successfully.
7. Launch the Roku device, and you will see the Twitch app in the Channels section.
8. If you can’t see the app, update your Roku device to get the channel.
Many Roku users are complaining that they can’t add the Twitch channel using the Channel codes. If you can’t install the app, follow the screen mirroring guide.
How to Screen Mirror Twitch on Roku
If you can’t install the Twitch application, you can mirror the content from your smartphone or PC to the Roku device. Before that, ensure you have enabled the screen mirroring on Roku.
From Android Phone
1. Connect your Android smartphone and Roku device to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Twitch app on your Android smartphone. If you don’t have the app, install it from the Play Store.
3. Sign in with your account and play any of the video titles.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon. The name of the icon may vary based on the smartphone brand.
5. Choose your Roku device.
6. Now, the video from the Twitch app will appear on your Roku device.
7. To stop the mirroring, click the Screen Cast icon and tap the Disconnect button.
From Windows PC
1. Connect your Roku device to WiFi. Then, connect your Windows PC to the same WiFi.
2. Launch the Microsoft Store and install the Twitch application.
3. Open the app and log in to your Twitch account.
4. Press Windows + K to see the devices available for the cast.
5. Select Roku TV from the list of devices.
6. When the device gets connected, play the desired Twitch video on PC and stream it on TV.
How to AirPlay Twitch on Roku
If you have an Apple device like iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you can AirPlay Twitch to Roku TV. But before that, enable AirPlay on your Roku device. Connect your Apple device and Roku to the same WiFi before you start AirPlay.
1. Open the Twitch app on your iPhone or iPad and log in if needed. If you don’t have the app, install it from the App Store.
2. Choose a video and stream it.
3. Go to the Control Centre and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Select Roku TV to mirror the iOS screen.
5. Once the device gets paired, play the desired videos you like to watch on Roku TV.
1. Open the Safari browser on Mac.
2. Go to the Twitch website and play the video.
3. Navigate to the Control Centre and tap the Screen Mirroring icon. If you are using the older version of Mac, click the AirPlay icon on the Menu Bar and choose Roku.
4. Once paired, you can watch the Twitch videos on the big screen.
How to Fix Twitch Not Working on Roku
If the Twitch app installed using the Channel Code isn’t working fine on your Roku, you must follow the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
- Check the internet connection of the Roku device to which it is connected.
- Analyze whether the Twitch application gets the minimum internet speed (6Mbps) to stream the videos.
- Restart Roku if you find the app crashing frequently.
- Restart the Twitch app if it freezes when streaming.
- Update Roku to the latest version.
- If none of the above troubleshooting methods supports it, reset Roku to the factory settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Amazon bought the Twitch app, the app was removed from the Channel Store in 2017. Till now, there has been no official news about the removal.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.