YouTube TV is a live TV streaming service that lets you watch 100+ popular TV channels like ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC, ESPN, AMC, and more. Roku users can install the YouTube TV app from the Roku Channel Store. In addition, you can stream YouTube TV content on Roku using the screen mirroring method. By getting a YouTube TV subscription, you can record your favorite content and store it for up to 9 months. YouTube TV is only available in the United States. So, use a VPN on Roku to stream it anywhere.
How to Get YouTube TV on Roku
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Roku-connected TV or Roku TV.
2. Tap Streaming Channels and click the option Search Channels.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Enter YouTube TV and search for the app.
4. Select the app, and hit +Add channel on the app info page.
5. Now, the app will be downloaded on your Roku.
6. Once installed, launch the YouTube TV app for activation.
How to Download YouTube TV on Roku from Roku Website
1. Visit the official website of the Roku Channel Store (channelstore.roku.com/browse).
2. Sign In with your Roku account credentials.
3. Enter YouTube TV in the search bar.
4. Search and pick the YouTube TV app from the search suggestions.
5. Tap +Add Channel to install the app.
6. On your Roku-connected TV or Roku TV, go to Settings and update the Roku OS to the latest version.
How to Activate and Watch YouTube TV on Roku
1. Launch the YouTube TV app on Roku and tap Sign in to get the activation code.
2. Visit the YouTube TV activation website (https://tv.youtube.com/start) from any browser on your PC/Smartphone.
3. Enter the YouTube TV code displayed on your TV screen.
4. Tap Continue, and sign in to your Google account if prompted.
5. Open YouTube TV and start streaming the live TV channels on your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror YouTube TV on Roku [Android Phone / iPhone]
Then, connect the Roku device and Android phone/iPhone to the same WiFi.
2. Once installed, launch the app and sign in using your YouTube TV account credentials.
3. Navigate to the Notification panel on your Android Phone and tap the Cast icon. For iPhone, select the Screen Mirroring option from Control Centre.
4. Choose your Roku device from the pop-up menu. Now, your smartphone screen will be mirrored on the Roku screen.
5. Play any YouTube TV content to stream it on a big screen.
YouTube TV: Subscription Plans
Currently, YouTube TV offers a free trial for new users. You can avail of unlimited DVR space, thousands of on-demand titles, and more by getting a subscription.
|YouTube TV Plans
Features of YouTube TV
The salient features of YouTube TV are listed below.
1. It supports major streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.
2. Provides cloud DVR with unlimited storage.
3. Offers 100+ popular TV channels and multiple add-ons.
4. You can cancel the YouTube TV subscription anytime without any contract.
5. You can create up to 6 accounts/subscriptions.
6. YouTube TV allows you to stream videos up to 4K quality.
How to Fix YouTube TV Not Working on Roku
The major causes and fixes for YouTube TV not working are tabulated below.
|Poor Internet Connection
|Connect the Roku to a WiFi with high Internet bandwidth.
|Use the correct YouTube TV account credentials to sign in
|Excessive app cache
|Clear the YouTube TV app cache and data to free up storage
|Update Roku and then update YouTube TV to its latest version.
|Minor bugs in the device
|Restart Roku and launch the app again.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, you can add YouTube TV on your Roku device from the Roku Channel Store.
By subscribing to the YouTube TV free trial, you can access the YouTube TV content for free until the trial period.
Navigate to YouTube TV from the home screen and press the Asterisk button.
From the menu, tap Check for Update to update the app on Roku.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.