- The SoundCloud app is not available for Roku streaming devices and Roku TVs.
- You can use third-party clients or screen mirror the app to your Roku.
SoundCloud is a freemium music service comprising over 300 million music tracks. Unfortunately, the official SoundCloud app is not available on the Roku Channel Store. But, after intense research in the Roku Channel Store, I found the TV Player for the SoundCloud app (unofficial SoundCloud API Client). With the TV Player for SoundCloud app, you can listen to all the SoundCloud music libraries on your Roku streaming devices and Roku TVs.
In this article, you will learn how to get the TV Player for the SoundCloud app on Roku. I have also included a separate guide on how to access the official SoundCloud app on Roku using the screen mirroring feature.
SoundCloud: Subscription Plans
You can use the SoundCloud app for free with ads and some limitations. To get ad-free listening, SoundCloud offers two subscription plans. Before following the steps below, get a subscription from the official website.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
- SoundCloud Go – $4.99/month.
- SoundCloud Go+ – $9.99/month.
If you don’t like the music library, you can also cancel the SoundCloud subscription anytime.
How to Get SoundCloud on Roku
1. On your Roku device, go to the home screen and tap the Streaming Channels option.
2. From the list, tap the Search Channels option.
3. Using the on-screen keyboard, type SoundCloud and search for it.
4. Select the TV Player for SoundCloud app from the results.
5. On the next screen, tap the Add Channel button to get the app on your Roku device.
6. Then, click the Go to Channel to launch the app.
7. Sign in with your SoundCloud free or premium account and listen to all the songs.
How to Screen Mirror SoundCloud on Roku
If you don’t want to use third-party clients on Roku, you can screen mirror the SoundCloud app from your smartphone or PC to your Roku device.
- Connect the Roku TV and the smartphone or PC to the same WiFi.
- If you are planning to mirror the Android phone or Windows PC screen, enable Screen Mirroring on Roku.
- If you are trying to mirror an Apple device screen (iOS or Mac), enable AirPlay on Roku.
How to Stream SoundCloud on Roku using Android Phone
1. After turning on the Screen Mirroring option on Roku, navigate to the Play Store on your Android phone and install the SoundCloud app.
2. Once installed, launch the SoundCloud app and log in to your account using the necessary credentials.
3. Now, move to the Notification Panel on your Android phone.
4. Locate and select the Cast icon.
5. From the pop-up menu, click the name of your Roku TV to mirror the Android phone screen.
6. If prompted, select Always Accept or Accept to complete the mirroring process.
7. Once the Android phone screen is mirrored, launch the SoundCloud mobile app and play any music to stream it on Roku TV.
8. To stop the mirroring, tap the Cast icon again and click the Disconnect button.
How to Listen to SoundCloud on Roku using Windows PC
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your PC. Ensure that Chrome is updated to the latest version.
2. Visit the official website of SoundCloud and Sign in to your account.
Before moving into the next step, check whether you have enabled the Screen Mirroring mode on Roku.
3. Now, press the keys Windows + K on your PC keyboard.
4. From the side menu, look for your Roku device and select it.
5. Now, the Windows PC screen will be mirrored on your Roku.
6. Now, play your favorite song on the SoundCloud website and enjoy listening to it on your Roku-connected TV or Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror SoundCloud from iPhone/iPad
Before moving into the steps, enable the AirPlay option on Roku.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and install the SoundCloud app.
2. Then, open the app on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Log in to your SoundCloud account.
4. Go to the Control Center and click the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Select your Roku device from the list.
6. Now, the iOS device screen will be mirrored on your Roku TV.
7. Play any music on the SoundCloud mobile app and stream it on your Roku TV.
How to Screen Mirror SoundCloud from Mac
Make sure to turn on the AirPlay on Roku before mirroring the Mac screen.
1. Turn on your Mac and hit the Control Center icon in the menu bar.
2. Tap the option Screen Mirroring and select your Roku TV.
3. Once the Mac screen is mirrored on Roku TV, launch the Safari browser on Mac and go to the SoundCloud website.
4. Hit the Sign in option and enter your account credentials.
5. Once signed in, play your desired music and listen to it on your Roku.
Features & Highlights
- SoundCloud allows you to create your own personalized playlist.
- You can access a huge variety of songs in different genres like electronic, rock, techno, classical, jazz, etc.
- You can follow all your favorite artists or other listeners to get their playlists.
- With SoundCloud, you can customize recommendations for songs and music.
- You can also enable dark mode on SoundCloud to use the app without eye irritation at night.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best alternative for SoundCloud is Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Amazon Music.
Yes. You can stream SoundCloud for free with certain limitations.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.