Bitdefender VPN is an excellent service to have complete anonymity by encrypting all your internet traffic. Like other VPN services, Bitdefender VPN helps you bypass the geo-restriction of streaming services. It is one of the few services which lets you unlock Netflix US content from anywhere in the world. It has 1300+ server locations across the world. The following section will show the steps to install and use Bitdefender VPN on Amazon Firestick.
Bitdefender VPN is not a standalone service. You have to subscribe to any of the Bitdefender plans and get VPN additionally.
Why you need a VPN
While Streaming online, your IP will be exposed easily. Hence ISPs (Internet Service Providers), app developers, government agencies and hackers can track your online activities with ease. At the end of the day, you may face some legal problems if you have streamed any copyrighted contents. To avoid these problems, we recommend you to use VPN (Virtual Private Network). A good VPN lets you hide your real identity by switching your IP to different locations. On the other hand, VPN is also helpful in accessing the media that are geo-restricted. Some of the apps/services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and more are geo-restricted in certain countries. To bypass those restrictions, you need to install a VPN on your device.
After trying out several free and paid VPN services, we recommend you to use NordVPN. It is regarded as the best VPN to safeguard your privacy. While purchasing the NordVPN, make sure to select the annual plans rather than selecting the monthly plans. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount + 3 months free.
- Premium Security: $89.99/year for 10 devices, with unlimited VPN/day/device
- Total Security: $44.99/year for 5 devices, VPN limited to 200 MB/day/device
- Internet Security: $39.98/year for 3 devices, VPN limited to 200 MB/day/device
All plans come with a 30-day free trial.
Is Bitdefender VPN Available for Firestick?
No, Bitdefender VPN isn’t available for Firestick officially. So you cannot install the app in the traditional way. The only way to get the app on Firestick is by sideloading the Bitdefender VPN Android APK file.
1. Turn on your Amazon Firestick and choose Settings from the home screen.
2. On the Settings screen, choose My Fire TV.
3. Choose Developer Options.
4. After that, click on Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Choose Turn on on the pop-up message.
How to Install and Use Bitdefender VPN on Firestick
1. Install Downloader on Firestick and launch the application.
2. With the home tab being selected on the left side panel, navigate to the URL field.
3. Type the URL https://bit.ly/2Z89jCV and then click on the Go button to download the Bitdefender VPN on Firestick.
4. Wait until the apk file is downloaded completely.
5. Click on Install to begin the installation process.
6. Click Done to complete the process.
7. Delete the apk file by going through the on-screen prompts.
8. Open the Bitdefender application.
9. When prompted, click the Sign in option and log in to your account.
10. Select the server location you want and click on the Connect tab.
With your device connected to a specific server location, you can start streaming the media content that is geo-restricted in your location.
Do you want to say anything related to this guide? Use the comments section provided below. Thank you for visiting techfollows.com.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Is Your Perfect Web Developer Just Around The Corner?
- What You Need to Learn About a Franking Machine and How It Is Used
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Amazon [Website & App]
- How to Find WiFi Password on Chromebook
- How To Hire A Developer For A Mobile App
- Is Android the Perfect Gaming Platform?
- How and why to use a VPN on your company’s devices
- How to Watch TBS on Firestick in 2021
- 4 Tips on How to Sit Correctly and Avoid Injuries
- How to Chromecast Tubi Using Android, iOS, and PC