Avast SecureLine VPN is a VPN service that safeguards your privacy with DNS/IPv6 leak protection and bank-grade encryption. It offers 55+ server locations across 34 countries. It also lets you unblock the US library of Netflix. Other features include 256-bit AES encryption, P2P support, lightning-fast servers, automatic kill switch, and more. The following guide will show you the steps to install and use Avast VPN on Firestick devices.
The following are the different subscription plans available on Avast VPN:
Why you need a VPN
While Streaming online, your IP will be exposed easily. Hence ISPs (Internet Service Providers), app developers, government agencies and hackers can track your online activities with ease. At the end of the day, you may face some legal problems if you have streamed any copyrighted contents. To avoid these problems, we recommend you to use VPN (Virtual Private Network). A good VPN lets you hide your real identity by switching your IP to different locations. On the other hand, VPN is also helpful in accessing the media that are geo-restricted. Some of the apps/services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and more are geo-restricted in certain countries. To bypass those restrictions, you need to install a VPN on your device.
After trying out several free and paid VPN services, we recommend you to use NordVPN. It is regarded as the best VPN to safeguard your privacy. While purchasing the NordVPN, make sure to select the annual plans rather than selecting the monthly plans. Moreover, you will also get a 68% instant discount + 3 months free.
- $47.88/year for 1 device ($3.99/month)
- $59.88/year for 5 devices ($4.99/month)
- $71.76/2 years for 1 device ($2.99/month)
- $95.76/2 years for 5 devices ($3.99/month)
- $107.64/3 years for 1 device ($2.99/month)
- $143.64/3 years for 5 devices ($3.99/month)
Is Avast VPN available on Firestick?
No, Avast VPN is not available on the Amazon Firestick. The app may not be officially available on the Firestick app store. But, that doesn’t mean you cannot install the application on the Firestick. There is an option to sideload the application using the Downloader app.
Install Avast VPN on Amazon Firestick
To configure Firestick and install any third-party app, you need to enable the apps from unknown sources on your Firestick.
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
1. Launch the Amazon Firestick and go to the Settings from the home screen.
2. On the Settings screen, choose the My Fire TV or Device option.
3. On the following screen, click on Developer Options.
4. Click on the Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click the Turn On menu.
Sideload Avast VPN using Downloader
1. Install and launch the Downloader app on Firestick.
2. Click on the Home tab on the left side pane and press the select button on the remote to highlight the URL field.
3. With the help of the on-screen keyboard, type the following URL: https://bit.ly/3pQUUXM.
4. Click on the Go button.
5. Wait for the app to download on your Amazon Firestick.
6. Once the app is installed, click on the Install option on the app installation screen.
7. The app will be installed. Click on Open to launch the app or click Done.
8. You can delete the APK which is no longer needed. Click on Delete on the following screen.
9. Launch the Avast VPN app on your Firestick.
10. Log-in with your user id and password that you used to subscribe or sign up for Avast VPN.
11. On the home screen, select the server to which you want to connect.
12. Click on the Connect option. You can also choose the Automatic option to connect to the first server available.
13. Now, open the streaming app that you want and stream the content that are geo-restricted in your location.
Instead of the Downloader app, you can also use ES File Explorer to sideload the Avast VPN. However, you need to unlock the premium version to sideload any Android app on Firestick. Hence, it is advisable to use Downloader.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Setup Sling TV on FireStick?
- How to Find Saved WiFi Passwords on Mac
- The Future of Private Equity
- How To Lose Weight Without Going To The Gym
- Interesting Facts About Online Courses That You Need To Know
- How to Watch Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV
- Disney Plus Not Working on Firestick – General Reasons & Solutions
- How to Chromecast Fox News to Your TV
- How to Cancel Peacock TV Subscription 
- How Old is My iPhone: Different Ways to Find iPhone Age
How to2 years ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV 
Apps3 months ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV6 months ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [January 2021]
FireStick1 year ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
Android11 months ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [January 2021]
How to11 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
Android11 months ago
How to Cast to Firestick using Android and Windows
How to12 months ago
How to Jailbreak Roku in 5 Minutes