How to Watch HBO Max on Roku Streaming Device
HBO Max is a standalone streaming service from the HBO network and it costs $14.99/month for streaming. The massive library of HBO Max brings several exciting TV shows, movies, and originals. While launching the service, the developer has released support for all platforms except Amazon Firestick and Roku. Later, the application was released for Roku devices. In this guide, we will discuss the possible ways to stream HBO Max on Roku.
How to Stream HBO Max on Roku
As Roku Channel Store has official HBO Max app, you can install and stream its media content easily.
- Launch your Roku device and connect it to the internet connection.
- Press the home button on your remote and go to Streaming Channels.
- Use the search menu to find the HBO Max app.
- Select the app icon and click Add Channel to add it to your Roku device.
- Once downloaded, launch the app, configure your login details, and start streaming the media contents.
Are you an Firestick user? Here is the guide to stream HBO Max on Firestick.
Alternative Way to Watch HBO Max on Roku
By screen mirroring your Android or Windows device, you can easily watch HBO Max on the bigger screens.
Before casting, you need to enable screen mirroring feature on your Roku. At the same time your Windows/Android and Roku device must be connected to same network for screen mirroring.
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Click Settings and then select the System menu.
- Tap Screen mirroring.
- Click Screen mirroring mode and select Always Allow.
Step 1: On your Android device, go to Settings and find the Cast menu.
Step 2: Ensure that Wireless display was enabled to find the nearby devices.
Step 3: Select your Roku device and enable permission on your Roku screen to display the smartphone screen.
Step 4: Once your Android device screen was mirrored, open the HBO Max app and stream its contents.
Step 5: The video will play on the Roku connected TV screen.
Step 1: Press Windows + P keys on your keyboard and select Connect to a wireless display.
Step 2: Your PC or laptop will search for the nearby wireless devices.
Step 3: Select your Roku device and the Windows screen will appear on the TV screen.
Step 4: Visit the web version of HBO Max (hbomax.com) on your web browser and sign in to your account.
Step 5: Now, play a movie and TV show that you want and it will cast to the TV screen wirelessly.
Related guide: Step to Chromecast HBO Max movie or TV show
Facing issues while following this guide? Feel free to mention your queries in the comments section. Follow our social media profiles: Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates and tutorials.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch IPTV on PS5 [Possible Ways]
- How to Watch F1 TV [Formula 1 2023] on Chromecast
- How to Watch F1 on Roku [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Live Stream F1 Race on Firestick [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership
- How to Watch F1 on Samsung Smart TV [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Live Stream F1 on Hisense Smart TV [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Activate ABC on Roku, Apple TV, and Smart TV
- How to Get MTV on Apple TV