If you are looking for a budget-friendly streaming service with a good collection of TV channels, Sling TV is the best option. Sling TV is available in the Roku Channel Store. So, Roku users can easily download the app. With Sling TV, you can watch over 40 TV channels and plenty of on-demand content on your Roku TV. Sling TV offers 50 hours of recording space with all the plans. Using the DVR feature, you can record live or any video content for offline streaming. As Sling TV is available only in the US, make sure to use a VPN on Roku to access the service without any geo-restrictions.
How to Install Sling TV on Roku
1. On the Roku home screen, select the Streaming channels option.
2. Next, click on the Search Channels option and type Sling TV in the search field.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Select the app from the search results and hit the +Add Channel button.
4. Click the Go to Channel option to launch the app.
How to Add Sling TV on Roku via Roku Website
1. Open a web browser on your PC and visit the Roku website.
2. Tap Sign in from the top corner of the website and log in to your Roku account.
3. On the search field, type Sling TV and search for the app.
4. Select the app from the search results and select the +Add channel button to add the Sling TV channel on your device.
5. The app will be added to your Roku device within 24 hours. To add the app immediately, update your Roku device.
How to Activate Sling TV on Roku
Similar to Sling TV on Firestick, you need to activate the Sling TV app on your Roku device too.
1. Launch the Sling TV app and select the Sign in button to get the Activation code.
2. Open a web browser on your smartphone/PC and visit the Sling TV activation website (https://www.sling.com/sign-in/activate).
3. Enter the activation code on the website and hit Continue.
4. Log In to your Sling TV account to activate the app.
5. After activation, go to the Sling TV app on your device and stream your desired TV channels.
Alternative Way to Stream Sling TV on Roku
Alternatively, you can screen mirror Sling TV on your RokuTV from an Android Phone or iPhone.
Screen Mirror Sling TV on Roku from iPhone / iPad
Before moving into the method, you must enable the AirPlay feature on your Roku device.
1. Open the App Store and install the Sling TV app on your iPhone.
2. Launch the app and Sign In to your Sling TV account using the required credentials.
3. Open the Control Center on your iPhone and select the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Choose your Roku device from the list to mirror your iOS screen on Roku.
5. Once mirrored, play any content on the app and watch it on your Roku-connected TV or Roku TV.
Screen Mirror Sling TV on Roku from Android Phone
Like enabling AirPlay, you need to turn on Screen Mirroring on Roku to screen mirror Android and PC devices.
1. Go to the Play Store on your Android device and install the Sling TV app.
2. Open the app and log in with your Sling TV account.
3. Now, open the Notification panel on your Android and click on the Cast icon.
4. Choose your Roku device from the available devices.
5. Now, stream the Sling TV channel app on Android and stream its content on your device.
How to Fix Sling TV Not Working on Roku
If you face any issues while streaming Sling TV on your TV, follow the below steps to fix it.
- Check the Internet connection on your Roku device.
- Restart the Sling TV app.
- Restart your Roku device.
- Check whether your Sling TV subscription is expired or not. If it is expired, renew the plan.
- Update the Sling TV app.
- Update your Roku OS firmware to the latest version.
- Check Sling TV server is active or not.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Sling TV app.
Sling TV: Plans & Pricing
The Sling TV service comes with three different premium plans. You can subscribe to your desired plan on the official website. Apart from the three packages, you can also include channel add-ons to the premium plan.
|Sling Orange + Blue
Yes, you can install Sling TV from the Roku Channel Store.
No. Sling TV is not free to stream.
Philo is the best alternative to Sling TV. You can download Philo on Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.