- The BBC iPlayer app is officially available on the LG Smart TV in the Content Store.
- Install the App: Open LG Content Store → Search for BBC iPlayer → Select the app→ Tap the Install button.
- Activate the App: Open the BBC iPlayer app → Click the Sign In button → Get the activation code → Go to the BBC iPlayer activation website → Enter the code to activate the app.
After exploring all the pre-installed apps on my LG Smart TV, I looked into free streaming apps that are compatible with my LG TV. I came to know that the BBC iPlayer is the best free streaming service that is available only in the UK. Luckily, the BBC iPlayer app is available for my LG Smart TV.
If you are a UK resident and want to install the BBC iPlayer app on your LG TV, this guide will help you a lot. Before getting into the steps, check the LG TVs certified for BBC iPlayer on the BBC Help website.
How to Get BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and connect it to a strong Internet.
2. Click the Home Button on your TV remote and launch the LG Content Store.
3. Click the search icon and type BBC iPlayer using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Select the app from the search results and click the Install button to download the app on LG TV.
5. Wait for a few minutes until the application gets installed on your TV.
7. Once installed, you need to activate the BBC iPlayer on your LG TV.
How to Activate & Stream BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV
1. Launch the BBC iPlayer app after installation.
2. Click the Sign In button to get the activation code on your TV.
3. Note the BBC iPlayer activation code and go to the BBC iPlayer activation webpage (https://account.bbc.com/account/tv).
4. Click Sign In and enter your BBC iPlayer account credentials.
5. Now, enter the code and click the Sign in on your TV button.
6. Further, tap Continue and stream BBC iPlayer videos on your LG TV.
Note: You can also watch the FIFA World Cup on LG TV using the BBC iPlayer.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV Via Web Browser
You can use the Web Browser on LG Smart TV to access the web version of BBC iPlayer.
1. Navigate to the Home Screen on the LG TV and press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
2. From the bottom, locate and select the Web Browser tile.
3. On the browser, navigate to the address bar and type the BBC iPlayer URL (www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer).
4. Tap Sign In at the top and login to your BBC iPlayer account.
5. After signing in, play your desired TV series and watch it on your LG Smart TV.
How to Cast BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV
In addition to direct installation, you can also cast the BBC iPlayer app using your smartphone. Before jumping into the steps, connect the LG TV to a WiFi. Then, connect the smartphone to the same WiFi.
2. Sign in to your BBC iPlayer account.
3. Click the Cast icon exhibited in the top right corner.
4. Select your LG TV from the available devices.
5. Once the connection is established, play any sports or movie on the BBC iPlayer mobile app and stream it on your LG TV.
How to Download BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV using Streaming Devices
By connecting the streaming devices given below to your LG TV, you can install and stream the BBC iPlayer on your LG TV [webOS and NetCastOS].
How to Fix BBC iPlayer Not Working on LG Smart TV
Sometimes, the BBC iPlayer exhibits several problems while streaming videos. The most common reasons and effective solutions to fix the problem are discussed below.
- Poor Internet connection.
- Outdated BBC iPlayer.
- Outdated webOS or NetCastOS firmware to the latest version.
- Temporary malfunction on the device.
- Excessive App cache.
- If you are unable to cast, it is due to improper WiFi connectivity.
- Check the Internet connection on the LG TV.
- Ensure to enable the VPN if you are using it outside the UK.
- Update the BBC iPlayer app on LG TV.
- Update your LG smart TV firmware.
- Restart your LG TV
- Clear the BBC iPlayer app cache on LG Smart TV.
- Connect the casting device and LG TV to the same WiFi if you are unable to cast.
Frequently Asked Questions
To update BBC iPlayer on your LG TV, go to the LG Content Store → Apps → My Apps → Select the BBC iPlayer app → Click Update.
BBC iPlayer is completely free to use.
The primary reason for this problem is the outdated BBC iPlayer. To fix this problem, update the BBC iPlayer app on your TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Stream Viaplay Kodi Addon
- How to Install and Use Google Meet on Amazon Fire Tablet
- How to Reset Element Smart TV [All Models]
- How to Know Who Viewed My Whatsapp Profile (Android & iPhone)
- 600+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URLs [Updated December 2023]
- How to Reboot or Restart Chromecast [Two Ways]
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Kodi [YouTube Kodi Addon]
- Sportzfy TV APK: Installation Guide for Android and Firestick
- How to Delete Apps on Hisense Smart TV
- How To Use Enterprise Search Tools To Improve Productivity