The Super Bowl Match of the NFL (National Football League) is set to air on February 11, 2024. As a die-hard Chiefs fan, I’ve been watching the live matches on the NFL app on my Vizio Smart TV. If you have a Vizio Smart TV and are looking for ways to watch the NFL live events, you’re at the right place. You can install the NFL app on your Vizio Smart TV and subscribe to its Premium plan to watch your favorite live event hassle-free.
Follow the guide to learn the detailed algorithm for installing and activating the NFL app on your Vizio TV to stream your favorite watch online.
How to Get NFL on Vizio Smart TV
NFL is a subscription-based sports streaming platform. So, you must sign up for the base plan of NFL+ at $6.99/month or NFL+ Premium at $14.99 from the NFL’s official website to watch the live stream of your favorite team. Meanwhile, existing NFL subscribers can skip the signup procedure and proceed with the app installation.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Switch on your Vizio TV and connect it to a stable internet.
2. Fetch your Vizio remote control and press the V button.
3. After that, click the Connected TV Store option.
4. Further, select the Apps section on your Vizio TV.
5. Then, search for the NFL app and pick it up.
6. Once selected, tap the Install button to download the NFL app on your Vizio Smart TV.
How to Activate NFL App
After downloading NFL, you have to activate the app on your Vizio Smart TV to start watching live events and highlights.
1. Launch the NFL app on your Vizio VIA TV.
2. Login to the NFL app with account credentials.
3. Now, an 8-digit activation code will display on your TV screen.
4. Note the activation code.
5. Now, launch a web browser on your PC or smartphone and visit the NFL’s activation website.
6. Enter the NFL activation code displayed on your TV screen.
7. Click the Continue button to activate the NFL app on your TV.
How to Cast NFL on Vizio TV
If you’re using Vizio SmartCast TV, you can use the built-in Chromecast feature to display the NFL content from your smartphone without installing the app.
1. Initially, connect your Android smartphone and Vizio SmartCast TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Fetch your Android phone or tablet and install the NFL app from the Play Store.
3. Once installed, open the app and log in to your NFL account with credentials.
4. Further, play your favorite NFL match and click the Cast icon from the playback screen.
5. Choose your Vizio SmatCast TV from the list of available devices and pair it up.
6. Once paired, the respective content from your Android smartphone will display on your Vizio SmartCast TV.
How to AirPlay NFL on Vizio TV
Luckily, the AirPlay feature is officially available on the NFL app. So, you can use the feature to display the NFL content from your iPhone/iPad to Vizio TV.
Note: Before utilizing AirPlay, make sure to enable the AirPlay option on your Vizio TV by selecting Extras → Apple AirPlay → AirPlay → switch On.
1. Pair your Vizio TV and iPhone/iPad with the same WiFi network.
2. Then, download the NFL app from the App Store and log in to your account.
3. After that, play your desired NFL game on your iPhone/iPad.
4. Click the AirPlay icon and choose your Vizio TV from the available devices.
Finally, the NFL match on your iPhone/iPad will display on your Vizio Smart TV.
Alternative Ways to Stream NFL on Vizio TV
If you have an active subscription to streaming services like fuboTV, DirecTV Stream, or YouTube TV, you can stream the NFL games without the NFL app.
fuboTV is a sports-focused streaming service that offers more than 220 live TV channels, including NFL. This service also offers a 7-day free trial for its new subscribers to access the premium content for free. The NFL channel is available at the base plan of fuboTV at $74.99/month.
DirecTV Stream is a subscription-based streaming service that offers its subscribers on-demand and live TV channels at an affordable price. After subscribing to DirecTV Stream’s base plan at $64.99/month, you can watch the live NFL matches along 75+ live TV channels.
YouTube TV is one of my favorite streaming services that delivers more than 100 live TV channels at its base plan. With YouTube TV’s unlimited cloud DVR storage, you can record your favorite NFL matches and store them for offline viewing.
Streaming Guide: YouTube TV on Vizio TV
How to Fix NFL Not Working on Vizio TV
Sometimes, the NFL app might stop working or malfunction on your Vizio TV. In such cases, I’ve tested and mentioned some troubleshooting methods that will fix the issue.
- Initially, check the WiFi connectivity on your Vizio TV and make sure it’s stable. If not, change the WiFi network or restart the WiFi router to fix the issue.
- Restart your Vizio Smart TV by unplugging and plugging back the power cable from the wall outlet to eliminate the temporary bugs.
- If your device stores excess cache data, it might affect the performance of your Vizio TV. So, clear the cache data on your Vizio TV to eradicate the issue.
- Make sure to update the app on your Vizio TV to fix the app’s freezing and crashing issues.
- At last, check for the software version and update the Vizio firmware to the latest version to resolve the issue.
NFL 2023-24 Season: Super Bowl Schedule
|49ers vs Chiefs
Yes, you can download the NFL app from the app store on your VIA TV.
Yes, after subscribing to NFL+ Premium at 14.99/month, you can stream NFL RedZone on your Vizio Smart TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.