WhatsApp is a popular messaging service that lets users chat, make audio and video calls, etc. Unfortunately, you cannot install WhatsApp on LG Smart TV due to the unavailability of the app in the LG Content Store. But you can access the WhatsApp Web version easily using the in-built browser on your LG Smart TV. In addition, you can get WhatsApp on LG TV using the screen mirroring method. We expect the launch of the WhatsApp app on LG TV sooner. Until then, make use of any of the below methods.
How to Get WhatsApp on LG Smart TV [Web Browser]
1. Turn On your LG Smart TV and go to the home screen.
2. Select the Web Browser tile at the bottom.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Now, you have to change the default search engine to google.com.
4. Select the three-dotted icon from the top-right corner and choose Settings.
5. Navigate to the Search Engines section and click Google from the list of search engines.
6. Head back to the web browser again and navigate to the address bar.
7. Type the WhatsApp web URL: web.whatsapp.com and scan the QR code using the WhatsApp app on your Android Phone or iPhone.
8. Once signed in, chat with your WhatsApp friends on a big screen.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp on LG Smart TV
Alternatively, you can mirror the Android Phone or iPhone screen on LG Smart TV and can view the WhatsApp content on a larger screen. To do it, there are certain conditions you must fulfill.
- Connect your Smartphone or PC to the same WiFi to which your LG TV is connected.
- If you are using iPhone, enable AirPlay on your LG Smart TV.
- If you use an Android Smartphone, connect and set up a Chromecast device with your LG Smart TV.
Screen Mirror WhatsApp from Android Phone
1. Install WhatsApp on your Android Smartphone from the Google Play Store. Then, launch the app and log in to your account.
2. Next, connect your Android Smartphone and LG Smart TV to the same WiFi connection.
3. Swipe down from the top and bring the Notification Panel.
4. Choose the Screen Cast option.
5. Now, your smartphone will start to scan for the active devices.
6. From the menu, choose your LG Smart TV.
7. Within seconds, the Android Phone screen will be mirrored on LG TV.
8. Open the WhatsApp app on your Android Phone and view it on your LG Smart TV.
Screen Mirror WhatsApp from iPhone
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone. If you do not have it, install it from the App Store and sign in to your account.
2. Go to the Control Center and click on the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. From the list of active devices, choose your LG Smart TV to mirror the iOS screen.
4. Once mirrored, chat with other WhatsApp users on a big screen.
How to Install WhatsApp on LG Smart TV using Firestick
If you want to install WhatsApp on LG TV, connect and set up the Firestick device with your TV and refer to the steps given below.
1. Go to the Amazon App Store on your Firestick-connected LG TV and install the Downloader app.
2. After installing the Downloader app, enable the Install unknown apps option for Downloader by referring to the below one-line guide.
Go to Settings → Select My Fire TV → Choose Developer Options → Tap Install unknown apps → Turn On Downloader.
3. Launch the Downloader app and select Home from the left side panel.
4. Enter the URL of WhatsApp APK and hit Go.
5. From the pop-up menu, select Install to download the app on LG Smart TV.
6. Launch the app after installation and sign in to your account to chat with your friends on a big screen.
How to Fix WhatsApp Not Working on LG Smart TV
If you are unable to access WhatsApp Web on your LG Smart TV, these might be some of the major causes.
- Poor internet connection
- Unsupported search engines
To rectify these issues, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- Check the Internet speed of your LG TV. If the speed is low, connect it to a different WiFi.
- WhatsApp is compatible with only a few search engines. So, change your LG TV web browser to Google.
- Update the LG Smart TV to the latest firmware.
- Alternatively, delete all the cache files on your LG Smart TV.
- If you are using the screen mirroring method, check whether you have connected the smartphone and LG TV to the same WiFi. If the problem continues, update WhatsApp to the latest version and try again.
No, you cannot install WhatsApp on your LG Smart TV.
Only some models of LG TVs are equipped with a camera.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.