- To Get the app: Go to Apps → Search icon → YouTube app → Install → Activate → Done.
- You can also screen mirror the YouTube app on your TV by installing the SmartThings app on your smartphone.
YouTube is a top-rated streaming service with millions of active users. Since the YouTube application comes pre-installed, you need not download the app on your Samsung TV separately from the Smart Hub store. If you have enabled the Developer Mode and uninstalled the YouTube app on your TV, you can easily reinstall it from the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV.
In this guide, you will learn a detailed guide about how to re-install and activate the YouTube application on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Install YouTube App on Samsung TV
You can stream the YouTube content by signing in to your Google account and without signing in. Since it is a freemium streaming service, you can purchase a premium account for the ad-free streaming experience. You can purchase the YouTube premium account by visiting its official website.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Turn on your Samsung TV and connect it to the WiFi.
2. Using the TV remote home button, launch the Home screen on your TV.
Note: You can also launch the YouTube app by pressing the YouTube button on your remote.
3. Navigate to the Apps tile using the remote.
4. Click the Search icon and search for the YouTube app using the virtual keyboard.
5. Now, select the YouTube app from the search list.
6. Tap the Install button to start the downloading process on your TV.
7. Once installed, launch the YouTube app on your TV screen. You can choose any video to watch on your Samsung TV.
How to Activate YouTube App on Samsung TV
Once you’ve installed the YouTube app, you need to activate it to watch it on your TV.
1. Open the YouTube app on your TV.
2. Click the Sign in button to get the activation code on your TV.
3. Visit the YouTube activation page using a browser on any device [https://youtube.com/activate]
4. Enter the code displayed on your TV and click the Continue button.
5. Now, sign in with your Google account credentials to finish the activation process.
6. Refresh the YouTube app on your Samsung TV and use YouTube on your TV.
How to Watch YouTube on Samsung TV via Browser
If you cannot install the YouTube app on your old Samsung TV, you can stream the content directly from the browser on your TV.
1. Connect your Samsung TV to a WiFi network.
2. Launch the Internet browser app on your TV and go to the YouTube website [https://www.youtube.com/].
3. Click the Profile icon at the top right corner to sign in to your account.
4. Now, tap Sign in and provide your Google account credentials.
5. Select the video and start watching it on your TV screen.
How to Screen Mirror YouTube on Samsung TV From Android/iOS
If your TV does not have enough storage space to download the app, you can screen mirror the YouTube content on your TV to stream its content.
1. Connect your smartphone and Samsung TV with the same WiFi network.
2. Install the SmartThings app on your device.
3. Launch the app on your device and log in to your Samsung account.
4. Pair your smartphone with your Samsung TV and choose your TV on the home screen of the SmartThings app.
5. Click the three-dot icon and select the Mirror Screen (Smart View) option from the menu.
6. Select your TV name from the active devices and choose Allow on your TV.
7. Once the device screen starts mirroring on your TV, open the YouTube app.
8. Login if needed and start watching your favorite content.
How to Fix YouTube Not Working on Samsung TV
If YouTube is not working on your Samsung TV and is causing issues like buffering, not loading, frozen screen, and no sound, you can resolve it yourself. Here are the fixes to get the YouTube app back to working on your TV.
|The YouTube app keeps buffering or freezing
|◘ Check your internet connection
◘ Uninstall the app on Samsung TV and reinstall it on your TV
|YouTube Black Screen Error on Samsung TV
|◘ Clear the cache on Samsung TV
◘ Update the YouTube app to the latest version
◘ Update the firmware of your Samsung TV
◘ Reset the YouTube app on your Samsung Smart TV
|Not opening or loading on Samsung Smart TVs
|◘ Power cycle your Samsung TV
◘ Check the active subscription if you are a premium user
◘ Factory reset your Samsung TV
◘ Check the server of the YouTube app using Downdetector
Yes, the YouTube app can be installed on the TV from SmartHub.
The YouTube app’s available devices are Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Firestick, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and TiVo.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.