- To install ITVX on Samsung TV: Hit the Home button → Click Apps icon → Search ITVX → Tap on Install.
- To Stream ITVX on Samsung TVs: Open the ITVX app → Click the Sign in button → Sign in through the activation website or using ITVX credentials.
- To Screen Mirror ITVX on Samsung TVs: Install ITVX on Android smartphone → Connect phone and TV to same WiFi → Open SmartThings app → Click the three-dot and select Mirror screen option → Click Allow.
ITVX, previously known as ITV, is the most prominent streaming service in the UK. You can download the app on your Samsung TVs manufactured after 2016 & with the Tizen OS 2.4 version. Thus, you can enjoy thousands of VOD content like TV shows, movies, and series from ITVX on Samsung TV.
ITVX will be the best option if you are a British series and movie lover with a Samsung Smart TV. Also, you can access Britbox and FAST channels to watch your desired content from BBC, Channel 4 series, etc.
In this article, you will learn how to download and stream ITVX on Samsung TVs. Also, we have added alternative methods for older Samsung TV users to get access to the ITVX content.
How to Install ITVX on Samsung TV
You can stream the ITVX content on Samsung TVs free of cost with ads. To steam ad-free ITVX content, you need to subscribe to the ITVX premium on their official website. The premium subscription costs £5.99/month or £59.99/year. Moreover, ITVX also offers a 7-day free trial, with which you can test all the aspects of the service.
1. Turn On your Samsung TV and connect it to WiFi.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Hit the Home or Smart Hub button on your remote.
3. Click the Apps icon at the bottom and search for ITVX.
4. Tap on the Install button after selecting the app.
5. After installing the app, you can activate or log in to ITVX on Samsung TVs.
Note: If you have installed the ITV app before 2022, you can update the app on your Samsung TV to switch to ITVX. To update the app, press the Home button → Apps → Click the Update button.
How to Activate ITVX to Watch on Samsung TV
1. Launch the ITVX app on your Samsung TV.
2. Select the Sign in option on the screen. Now, you’ll have two options. You can either sign in using the TV remote by entering your credentials or activate it by visiting the official website.
3. If you are signing in using TV Remote, click Sign in With TV Remote and follow the steps below.
- Enter your credentials using your remote on the sign-in page.
- Then, select the Sign in button to log in & stream ITVX on your TV.
4. If you are signing in using the pairing code, then follow the steps below.
- Open the ITVX pairing website to activate your device with ITVX [https://www.itv.com/watch/pair]. Or else, scan the QR code displayed on the TV to navigate the pairing website.
- Enter the 6-digit code displayed on the TV and click Continue.
- After that, enter the ITVX account credentials on the website and complete the sign-in process.
- Finally, relaunch the ITVX app, and you can now stream its content on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror ITVX on Samsung TV Using SmartThings App
If you don’t want the ITVX app installed on your Samsung television to save space, you can cast its content to the TV via the SmartThings App. If you install the app on your mobile and connect it to your TV, you can cast the phone’s screen and ITVX content entirely.
Unfortunately, only Android users can cast their screens using the SmartThings app. The iPhone users won’t be able to screen mirror ITVX, as the app doesn’t support screen mirroring from iOS devices.
1. Install the ITVX app on your smartphone.
2. Connect your smartphone and Samsung TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the SmartThings app and choose your Samsung TV device.
4. Tap on the three-dot icon & select the Mirror Screen option.
5. Choose your TV shown in the pop-up on your TV and click Allow.
6. Once you click the Allow button, your phone screen will display on your TV. Now, launch the ITVX app on your smartphone and start streaming.
Can I AirPlay ITVX on Samsung TV?
Currently, ITVX has no built-in AirPlay support. You cannot AirPlay to Samsung TV from iOS or Mac. However, you can use the Screen Mirror feature under the Control Center to watch ITVX on your TV from your Apple device.
Can I Cast ITVX on Samsung TV?
Yes. ITVX app has built-in cast support, and you can mirror to Samsung TV from your phone or PC. Upon clicking the cast icon on the ITVX app and choosing your TV name, you will find your phone or PC screen on your TV. It is an alternative approach if you don’t want to download the app on your TV.
How to Watch ITVX on Older Samsung TVs
As mentioned earlier, the ITVX app can be downloaded only on the Samsung TVs launched after 2016. But, if you own an older Samsung television, you can stream the ITVX content on your TV browser. Visit the ITVX website, log in with your account, and stream its content on your TV.
Otherwise, you can use streaming devices that have ITVX in them. Some of the streaming devices that have ITVX on them are
- Apple TV
You may not get ITVX if you are using an older Samsung TV. If your TV is compatible, uninstall the ITVX app and restart your Samsung TV. Then, go to the Smart Hub app and try installing ITVX again.
Since ITVX is a UK-based streaming service, you may not stream it from other countries on Samsung TVs. In this case, you can try using a VPN.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.